Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Lord is testing me

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Clinical care and research are two different things with very different financial backing. I don't expect to see research suffer much. The application of that research may, though.
    I do hope you're right Wayne. I spent 35 years in Healthcare and Research was one of the FIRST aspects of "healthcare" to suffer from lack of govt. funding when dollars became scarce. "Private Research" is kinda a misnomer at times, because they also receive govt grants, ect.
    Again, I do hope you are right, experience tells me a little different story.

My prayers are for Elli's spiritual and physical health and for God's peace and comfort for her family. God does not need brilliant doctors and medical researchers to do his will. He is fully capable of handling this and every other situation with or without the help of human hands.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jer 29:11) These were God's words of comfort to Israel when they were suffering and scared. He is telling them not to look at the external circumstances but to trust in Him. God is with you brother.

Al
    Joshua 1:9

The following is trite, but true.
    One day at a time.
    One week at a time.
    One month at a time, etc.
    Enjoy your family.

Please make sure you and your family get any help you need with your mental states.
    There should be no shame in dealing with depression. You have every right to be down and to get help.
    If there is shame it isn't with you or your family.
    A real person gets help when needed.
    There are people, including us, you can talk to, with, and at.

Boolit Grand Master

Praying for your little one
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Banned

Thank you everyone, I have been reflecting and realized feeling sorry for myself and Elli is not the right choice. I have been looking for a doctor that can give me a lab test for the gene. If I do not have the gene than it is impossible for Elli to have cystic fibrosis.

I set to pray last night and ask for guidance, when I woke up this morning it was clear to me what needed done, it sounds very odd but that is the truth. Thank you all again for the prayer and support, your words have helped comfort me, i think i have read this thread 10 times so far today.

Boolit Buddy
    May the Lord guide you with His loving hand. Praying for your family. God bless.

Boolit Master

You and yours are lifted up in my prayers. God truly gives us no more than we can handle, but He seems to give us no less that we can handle or we would not grow as Christians.

On a personal note: God is the answer, but I really think He likes those who seek answers. IMHO, His rewards seem to accumulate to those who SEEK, rather than those who wait. So, seek accurate and confirmed current medical advice for your little one and do everything in your power to keep her as healthy as you can (Be Prepared). I work indirectly with folks on the edge of this research and treatment and there is viable treatment for those willing to travel that path.

I hope the genetic tests prove her CF-free, but I pray for your Peace and Strength in Him if your journey takes you down the CF path.

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

When Mrs Fred was 11 the doctor told her she would not live past 21.
    She is 53, and he is dead

Hope is a powerful healer
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Banned

Found a Dr. I go for testing Dec 11th at 3 pm

Boolit Bub
    Praying...

To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble; May the name of the God of Jacob defend you; May He send you help from the sanctuary, And strengthen you out of Zion; May He remember all your offerings, And accept your burnt sacrifice. Selah May He grant you according to your heart's desire, And fulfill all your purpose. We will rejoice in your salvation, And in the name of our God we will set up our banners! May the LORD fulfill all your petitions. Now I know that the LORD saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven With the saving strength of His right hand. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will remember the name of the LORD our God. They have bowed down and fallen; But we have risen and stand upright. Save, LORD! May the King answer us when we call.
    (Psa 20:1-9)
    Let Your mercy, O LORD, be upon us, Just as we hope in You.
    (Psa 33:22)
    “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” -John Adams

Boolit Master

My prayers for Elli, you and all of your family. Trust in God and a uplifting attitude will work wonders. God Bless.

In Remembrance

Prayers sent for Elli and family.

Prayers sent for you and your family. Sometimes in events like this the purpose is for you to be a conduit of God's love.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Man
    Absolutely we will pray for her, your family, and the Dr.

O-care is a concern, but if He wills it, then it will be done anyway, so try not to worry over problems that at this point are not there. Do what you can physically for her and yourself, financially I will attest that paying a full tithe of your own volition will make it work one way or another. Maybe not how you wanted, but it will work.

Then lay anything you cannot change or have no influence over on Him.

May peace be in your hearts. I am sorry you folks have to go through this.
    Pulling the trigger will increase your bullets velocity by 100%.

Boolit Master
    338RemUltraMag,

Prayers are offered up here in Eastern TN, for your Elli and for you and your family. Keep the faith. BC
    Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me."

Boolit Mold
    Brother, I don't know if it helps, but there is nothing that happens that God doesn't allow. God is never surprised with what occurs. He has allowed this for a reason, and will give you the grace to see it through. This is the time to draw near to Him and let Him do for you. God bless you. I take prayer seriously, and will pray for your daughter and family.

Banned

God is not behind this, satan is. Don't blame God for the fall, blame Adam. If you take this to its logical conclusion, you would be prying against what you perceive to be God's will. Praying against the works of the devil is a worthwhile endeavor.

Banned

I will pray for the family and Elli. There is nothing thru the lord that cannot be accomplished.

Andy

I can not understand why little kids must suffer. It baffles me. I pray for strength to you during this CHRISTmas season, faith, hope, and knowledge that grace is given. God Bless you and your family, and most of all that precious child.
    BullFrog

The Lord is my rock and my salvation

Joel 2:28-32

Banned

prayers for elli , and your whole family.