RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now THOSE are cartoons!

Boolit Buddy

You want warped, nobody mentioned Rocky and Bullwinkle. Boris and Natasha too.

Boolit Master

I have more than 20 hours of Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes, etc. recorded for the grandkids. They seem to like them more than the current crop of talking cars, monsters, robots, talking sponges, and so forth. That's OK with me. I can stay in the room if they are watching the old cartoons, but I cant handle the new stuff. Just not my style I guess.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Buddy

Well, you knew PC was creeping in when they quit showing "The Tijuana Toads", and then all the new cartons like "Scrappy Doo and Scooby Too" Started fighting Evil Corporations that were polluting swamps and creating monsters to keep people from finding out they were dumping sludge.
    One of the greatist delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.- Thomas Reed (1886)
    "The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not."-Thomas Jefferson

I am a fan of the old cartoons.
    Haven't watched south park and from what I've been told about it I doubt if I ever will.
    Whatever happened to the idea of watching for the sheer entertainment of the cartoon.
    Why does it have to have a "Life Meaning" or a "Message" to the viewer.
    Why do cartoon characters need to swear to make the viewer happy?
    I hear enough cussing at work, other tv programs and from kids at Wal-Mart, I DON"T need it in a cartoon.

If memory serves me correctly movies and cartoons use to be made for entertainment value and to get people's minds a break from the war, great depression, etc.

Boolit Bub
    ++1 These new cartoons shall I say pull a vacuum!! I happened to get to introduce the 3 stooges to my 2 oldest grandkids and I don't think I have ever heard them laugh so much. Too much of square bob and these other so call cartoons will turn your brain into silly putty!! Worthless!!

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    I've read that Speedy Gonzales is no longer aired AT ALL do to political correctness.
    Wow, I guess Bosco is Really Not PC!
    http://youtu.be/lAkg-qd1Bhk

Orhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAkwQ...0050F9206EE241

Talk about weird: Do any of you go back to the "Screwball Army" ( Anti-Nazi cartoon!) Great stuff...where else could a kid learn about Straus's Music ( You just had to live in that Era to understand & appreciate real art)

http://www.awn.com/heaven_and_hell/PAL/GP7.htm
    Last edited by JWFilips; 05-04-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

IMHO Bugs Bunny encapsulates much that is good in the American character. He is laid back with a live and let live attitude a bit of a smart $$$ generous and helpful....until he is pushed too far. "Of course you know this means war." I miss the undiluted toons.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.