Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now THOSE are cartoons!

Boolit Master

Now THOSE are cartoons!

Yeah, I am a 35 year old kid, I admit it.
    My 2 year old wanted to watch the Spongebob Squarepants marathon yesterday and I let him while I was cleaning the house. Well, after about 2 hours of that annoying giggle, wether the house was clean or not, it was time to go outside. So he wakes up this morning and says he wants to watch Spongebob and Thank God, it wasn't on. So I turn on the Bugs Bunny Roadrunner Show and the first one on is ole 'Semite Sam shootin at Bugs. Double Six's a blazin and runnin around.... What fun! The next one was the Roadrunner and Wylie Coyote and cannons, and catapoults, and bombs..... Now that is Entertainment! Elmer Fudd is chasing Bugs right now and Dillon is in my chair going "Daddy, Daddy! Its a rabbit! Shoot it, Im hungry!" Sorry, kiddo, cereal is gonna have to do.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boy, I say, boy! I believe you forgot Foghorn Leghorn.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master
    Gotta love the fake Latin names they hung on poor ol Wiley. Eatibus Anythingus, etc.

There are some sick SOBs dreaming those 'toons up. My kinda folks.

Boolit Master
    I kinda like sponge bob.

Boolit Master
    I've read that Speedy Gonzales is no longer aired AT ALL do to political correctness.

Boolit Master
    Ya know, I didn't see ol Speedy! So maybe.
    I like Spongebob in small doses. But I could watch those ol Toons all day long.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

They ever see Tom & Jerry? Got a DVD of the Lone Ranger the GKs like to watch. Quality stuff.
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master
    Nobody beats Bugs Bunny. He had a certain arrogance and attitude that must cant be beat.

Failure to understand that makes you a maroon.

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    I've read that Speedy Gonzales is no longer aired AT ALL do to political correctness.
    I used to get up at 6am to watch Soo-pear ... RATON ! (Mighty Mouse) in Spanish .

Yosemite Sam levitating himself with the recoil from a brace of pistols was in my young mind's eye , a watermark in cinema photography , even if it was animated . But over time , they fagged out as well .

Boolit Master
    Yeah, it is a shame they have gone the way of the dodo.
    The old cartoons had shooting, smoking, explosions, killing, hunting, fishing, camping, etc.... Now, it is all PC stuff and cant do this and that..... Just dang disappointing.
    Daffy Duck all liquored up and hiccuping is just funny, not making me want a drink.

Boolit Grand Master
    And who can forget Elmer Fudd with Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck arguing about duck season or rabbit season; usually ended with Daffy getting his bill blown completely around his head.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by x101airborne View Post
    Yeah, it is a shame they have gone the way of the dodo.
    The old cartoons had shooting, smoking, explosions, killing, hunting, fishing, camping, etc.... Now, it is all PC stuff and cant do this and that..... Just dang disappointing.
    Ya just gotta expand yer horizons a little . Now you got South Park picking up the slack , and the more they push PC , the harder they push back . Exactly as we did , and do . And considering we are now in the throws of a full on attack by cultural marxism , the current fare seems kinda tame by comparison to what they are foisting on us .

Boolit Master
    Yeah, I have seen it, but am not to the point of being a South Park fan as of yet.

At least in the old cartoons you can identify what the character is. On some of the new cartoons you can't tell if they are plant, animal or other.. I'm supprised more kids don't have nightmares....

In Remembrance
    Isn't southpark a cartoon for adults, I haven't watched it, but that is the impression I got.

I'm not sure when adult cartoons got enough viewers to make it worth it for the air time.

Boolit Grand Master
    South Park is a very adult cartoon. It also tends to have episodes with a very distinct message.

It certainly isn't for the faint of heart as the language can be salty and nothing is off limits. Nothing.

L Ross
    Don't forget Warner Bros. use of classical music in many of the Bug's Bunny cartoons. One of my favorites was Elmer in opera with "Sword and magic helmet." I'm sure his speech impediment isn't PC today.

Duke

Boolit Grand Master

My buddy is good at voices and we were out a few winters ago hunting bunnys. We were dressed like always in our buckskins and capotes with blanket wool mittens and carrying our trade guns, just a regular hunt right! As we came to the end of the sheler belt and got ready to come out on the road here stops a car and out hop two hunters in new camo with brand new mossbergs, They look down at us and one guy says, "Boy how long have you guys been ot here"? My buddy look him right in the eye and says, "Shhh! Be Vewy, Vewy quiet, Wabbit twacks, he he he he". About that time a rabbit pops out and I spin and pop him off in a cloud of smoke and as the rabbit rolls I start jumping up and down, " I got him, I got him Ollie". Not another word was said as the two camo clad nimrods cimbed back into their car and drove off quickly.

Too many cartoons when i was young., warps the mind I think.

Boolit Master
    In January, I was house sitting for a friends mom, and his 7 year old little girl got to spend a few days.
    I introduced her to Tom & Jerry, she laughed more than ever. The one night, I got her to watch old black and white Laural and Hardy shows.
    She loved it! How many kids miss this stuff becasue parents don't make them available?
    I like South Park for the diversion from reality and what I really like, if you are famous and you screw up, you will be featured on the next episode