Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: Lost an old shooting friend

In Remembrance

Lost an old shooting friend

Got a call from another friend that a very close friend and shooting partner had passed on yesterday morning. We had both run a gun club pistol shooting section for many years as well as being on the governing council of the club. Kinda funny how we would bounce problems back and forth simply because we were knowledgeable in different trades areas. On the range the gloves came off when competing against each other if even for who bought the coffee. This friendship and competing went on for over 35+ years. God speed my old friend, hope they let you reload and shoot in Heaven.Robert

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear of your friends passing Robert.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Buddy

My sympathies

Boolit Master

I offer my condolences .

Funny how ya recall times shared with someone .

Prayers of peace & comfort.
    GP100man

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    It's tough to loose a shooting buddy. Too many waiting for us on the line.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

I'm sorry for your loss Robert.

Boolit Master
    the older you get the more this happens...'till one day it's you they're missing.
    Live life well and remember those who have become a part of you in the shared journey,
    peace and blessings,
    vern
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Grand Master
    I hope the hurt passes quickly. One never forgets friends as they are engraved on your heart.

SHiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

In Remembrance

The immediate family and a few close friends, including even me, attended a memorial at his favorite cabin in the Gaylord area where he had stated he wished his ashes be spread. Many thanks from the family, and myself, for the kind expressions at his passing. First my son 2 years ago and now my best friend, I almost hate to wonder what`s going to happen next. As we age, I`ve found, you must be able to accept the loss of favorite things and people.Robert

Boolit Bub
    Robert I will be praying for the family and friends. I suppose that the time spent with friends and family etch into our soul the memories that last into eternity. I truly believe that truly good friends are a gift and should be cherished as such. Isn't it odd that lots of times we take for granted our most cherished gifts until they are gone. I can only hope that we are all true friends and that someday we shall also be missed and remembered for decades into the future. Let's hope it is good memories of an honest God fearing man. As often said time heals a hurting heart, but it still hurts. I lost a good shooting buddy about 4 years ago and can hardly go into my reloading room or go shoot that I don't think about him and the "good ole days". Mac