RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
Titan Reloading Repackbox

Thread: Midway order.

Boolit Master

Midway order.

I placed a Midway order early last month, two of the items ( Lee bullet molds) were back ordered until the 28th. of last month. I called them today and now they are back ordered till June. I also called Lee and ask them if they had those molds in stock, they said NO, but that they were shipping stuff daily to Midway and other outlets. I guess patients is on order. Has anyone else been having these problems?

Boolit Master
    Not with Midway, but back in Feb I placed an order with Titan. All but two things were out of stock/backordered. No problems with Titan, because they can't ship what they don't have/can't get from the mfg, but I was really surprised that so much reloading stuff was being bought up. I am still waiting, but not really in a big hurry, although I would like my stuff.

Love Life
    I ordered a 3 way cutter for my case trimmer that was supposed to be in stock on February 28th. They then moved the instock date to mid April. No worries. I canceled the order and went to a custom manufacturer.

Boolit Mold
    Natchez has some Lee molds.

Boolit Master
    A lot of the molds all over are back ordered, maybe this is stimulus. Gtek

most places are so swamped with orders and back orders they are a month behind.
    when midway posts an expected date, the do usually recieve stuff that day. problem is, that there was prolly 50 people in line
    ahead of you on whatever ya ordered.

it took me a month to get primers from a place.
    i also ordered primers from powder valley and it took them almost 3 weeks to even get to processing the order.
    i was notified the other day that my order was processed, and am now waiting on them to be able to ship it.

thankfully these company's like midway and powder valley are refusing to get in on the price gouging that alot of
    company's and people are doing.

be patient and they will take care of ya, as soon as this craze slows down things will level out and be back to normal.

Boolit Grand Master
    The .452 LEE 200 gr SWC six cav. was backordered for a while. Called them to check, was in stock, it'll be here Wednesday.
    Purchased about 5 items. Mold handles are still on back order. I can always use another.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

My recent order from Midway went good. I was looking for .17 cal and .20 cal j words. I found ones they had in stock and ordered that way. Their .224 cal jword selection was bare.

I chose UPS ground but the brown truck delivered to my post office though. How does that work, did I pay for two carriers?

I shoud say that we had a good snow storm the expected day of delivery, maybe that had something to do with it.
    Last edited by pmer; 03-08-2013 at 07:55 PM. Reason: snow
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Master

I ordered a mold and a couple other things from Natchez last night. Everyone else was out of these items that they said were " in stock". I hope that I won't be getting an email saying its all back ordered.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Love Life
    Midway has been very good on shipping other items I have ordered since the craziness started. Let me be very clear on something. I was not slandering Midway USA, but I elected not to wait for their back order that got pushed back when I can have a custom tool made for a little bit more.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pmer View Post
    My recent order from Midway went good. I was looking for .17 cal and .20 cal j words. I found ones they had in stock and ordered that way. Their .224 cal jword selection was bare.

I chose UPS ground but the brown truck delivered to my post office though. How does that work, did I pay for two carriers?

I shoud say that we had a good snow storm the expected day of delivery, maybe that had something to do with it.
    I think its called UPS mail innovations. I've got an order from Midway that according to tracking should be here Monday. It was initially shipped via UPS to the USPS hub in Anchorage and then the USPS will deliver to my PO. Weird aint it. Seemed to me that shipping would've been cheaper to just put it in a large padded envelope through the P.O. as it was only a gas tube and end cap for a free float rail that came in stock two days after I ordered some stuff that I was on the notify me list for and have been waiting basically months on.

Boolit Master
    I have backorders pending, but have had several filled quickly. They have been working out very well for me. Most items come long before expected date. And they process and ship quick, not like Graf.

Boolit Mold
    Same with me. I ordered a .40 S&W 6 cavity mold over a month ago. At first it said "back in stock 2/28" but on 2/28 it said "Back in stock 5/24" or something...

Boolit Mold
    I keep getting tricked. I'll search for the mold I want, then see it on eBay and when I try to buy it I get "This seller is on vacation" I think I tried ordering the same mold twice from the same guy a month apart! Ah well...just wait and shoot another caliber...

Boolit Master

Just ordered me a Lee 309-180gr mold from Natchez. Can't believe how many molds they show in stock. Guess it'll work till I order me a couple of molds here in a couple weeks from Tom

Boolit Buddy
    word must have gotten out quick because there isnt that much in stock now.

Boolit Buddy
    When the stamps went up the Post Office started something new. If you have a P O Box you can fill out a form using the Post Office physical address and UPS or Fed-X will deliver the package to the PO and you will receive a notice in your box that it is there. You also give them a e-mail address and you will receive an automated e-mail that you have mail.

On another note was to a shooters meeting on Wed. and heard that RCBS had 4000+ orders for 223 dies. This is not 4000 dies but orders. How many total was not known.

I've had plastic 7 round Ruger P90 magazine followers back ordered since 5/10/2012. Of course this is for a gun not currently in production, but still ... 5/10/2012.

As each projected arrival date rolls around, the date slips a month or so. It also slips a day with every day that passes. But since these items are neither critical nor expensive, I'll just wait.

In Remembrance

I have been trying to get a 223 shell plate for my Lee Loadmaster press without luck. FS reloading says 6-8 weeks . I'm getting by with a 9mm plate, but it is too loose on the rim and lets the cases tip. I thought I had a plate for 223 that I bought on Ebay years ago, but it turns out to be for 32-20, 218 Bee and is really loose. Any one need a 6S plate?

Boolit Master
    I haven't ordered anything from them since this crazyness started. Everytime I go there and look, they are out of everything.