WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Asking the members here to help a child

Boolit Master

Asking the members here to help a child

To all members:

We all know and respect Olevern and especially how he mentors the child Zach, who right now is having some complications.
    After reading his post, I felt compelled to make an offer to send Zach a few things for this Marlin 22 he'll be recieving.
    Me and the better 1/2 always sponsor 2 kids at Christmas, but this year something has kept me from getting 2 names off the Christmas tree at work.
    The good Lord above has been guiding me I guess you could say and now I know why.
    After reading Oleverns post on Zach, I felt compelled to contact Vern and offer to send some things for Zach and his new rifle, whether it be for after his surgeries he'll need or for a Christmas present.

But I know this community and how they pull together to help other members and kids that need help.
    I'm hoping I can get something started and the members here will send a few things to get Zach off and running on this new rifle.

Thank You to any members here that want to send a few things to Olevern for Zach.

I'm heading to Wally World here in a few to pick him up a soft sided case and a cleaning kit for his rifle.

Boolit Master
    41 mag fan,

I'm in !! I'm good for a brick of ammo - who do I send $30 to ?
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Sounds like a good idea. Just need a real name and addy.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master

Pm-ed Olevern. I am in, too.
    Last edited by DRNurse1; 11-21-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: spelling, well fat finger typing

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

Boolit Master

Bill, Gunslinger you might get ahold of Olevern thru a pm and ask for his mailing address.

i just went and bought a Bob Allen soft sided gun case that'll hold a scoped rifle, Winchester gun cleaning kit (all walmart here carries), Hoppes gun solvent, Hoppes gun oil (all walmart had), and 250 cotton patches for the 22.

Got it sent off to Vern 30min ago.

Thank You Gunslinger, Bill And DRNurse for being so willing to help put a smile on Zachs face.

This boy deserves a fair chance at life and his illness has really touched and saddened me, and i'm hoping by what i've seen this community do in times like this, Zach will have an uplifting of spirits and this outpouring from us members will help him to overcome his illness and return to a normal life.
    Plus this is our legacy of the future, hopefully Zach will come out of this with flying colors, and someday when he's older and settled down in life, he'll remember what the cast boolits family has done, and will pass on this generosity to another child in need, and keep the gun and shooting sports alive thru the next generation.

Thank You again all of you....this has started my Christmas season out as being a memorable one.

Boolit Master
    Gentlemen,
    I appreciate the desire expressed here to help out Zack over the Christmas holidays.
    For any who have be led to do something, I offer my address to receive funds or gifts but would be
    uncomfortable giving out Zack's last name or address on the internet.

Vernon Fisher
    218 Bingham Center Road
    Genesee, Pa. 16923

While Zack still faces physical challenges with his breathing capacity and asthma, he has experienced a miracle of epic proportions regarding his diagnosed tumor. For those who prayed, my heartfelt thanks, and please offer up a prayer of thanks for answered prayer.

Oh, Zack just received a new Playstation III (from me) so if anybody has any unused games they don't play anymore, they would make a wonderful gift.
    vern
    Last edited by Olevern; 11-22-2012 at 10:32 AM.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Master

Prayers sent and prayers answered and tears shed. Right now I'm walking on clouds for the joy of hearing the good news about Zach.
    Hopefully Zach will like the package that was sent to him. Please tell him Vern the packages come from people who care about him and want to see him have an extra special holiday season this year.
    Thank You vern for keeping us posted on his progress

Boolit Master
    Vern, yes keep us posted !! I'll call the gunshop Friday and set a little sumthin up.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

My son has a lot of games (wife spoils the boy silly) so I am sending some of those PSII games, some targets, a few odds and ends and a nice Christmas package on Friday!
    Paul
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Boolit Master
    PSPaul,
    I don't know if PSII games are compatable with the PSIII I just bought him (anybody know?) Nevertheless, they are welcome and I can, if necessary, pick him up a used PSII. Thank you very much for thinking of my little guy and making his Christmas special. I told him today of all that the board members have committed to do for him and he is overwhelmed, not quite understanding why others would consider him worthy of this special attention. It is a great lesson in caring for others for him and you guys are teaching life lessons by example. For what it's worth, this little guy is always thinking of others, he often asks when we are out and getting a snack, or eating at a restaurant if he can bring something home for his little sister (about four years of age). He is a special boy and has the makings, if properly nurtured, to develop into a man of stature and integrity. Helping him get there is my job (ministry) with the good Lord's help and I pray that He allows me to live to do that ministry to it's completion ('till he doesn't need me anymore).

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Master

Thank you Gunslinger and PSPaul...your help has made my day even better today!!

Vern if you would tell please Zach there is people out in this world whom he's liable to never meet that care and want and are praying and rooting for him to make a full and complete recovery.
    Also don't think for a minute that Zach wont need you when he's into his adulthood. you've become like a grandfather to him....you've been there when he's needed you the most and in time we all come to lifes end, he'll be there for you also. If I was a bettting man, I'd put money on that one

I told my boy about Zach at thanksgiving dinner. He leapt from the table(?) and ran to his room. He came out with a few games and said, "OK. Where does he live? Can we play these with him toorrow?". I looked at my wife and the tears werre rolling down her cheeks.... I've never felt so proud of him as I did at that moment, so thank YOU and God bless.
    Paul
    Last edited by PS Paul; 11-23-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Boolit Master
    Paul,
    Good boy there...you're doing something right. Keep up the good work and never forget how blessed you are to have em.

Boolit Master

Vern,
    Found out from my brother the PSII games are not compatible with the PSIII.

Boolit Master
    Thanks, Shane,
    like I said, if they are not compatable I don't think used PSII games systems are all that expensive.

Yeah, I found out the same thing about PSII; definitely won't work. Not to worry, though. I'm piling up some other stuff this morning at the store. What age is Zach? I saw his sister is 4 years old. I am looking at hats/gloves and warm-weather gear for him. Also targets, a brick of .22 that I can send FedEx, a swinging target stand and obviously something for his sister as well...... You know how kids are: gotta keep BOTH happy!!!

I'll be checking messages later and looking for Zach's age as I check.

Paul

Boolit Master

Paul, Man that is so cool and nice buuying and sending things like that to Zach. I believe, but Vern can say for sure, but Zach is either 10 or 12 yrs old.

Quote Originally Posted by 41 mag fan View Post
    Paul, Man that is so cool and nice buuying and sending things like that to Zach. I believe, but Vern can say for sure, but Zach is either 10 or 12 yrs old.
    Oh, perfect! He is my boy's age, so that makes it easier! My little boy was just so happy to help him, he really wanted to meet Zach, but PA is all the way across the country for us. Nevertheless, I am in the gun and ammo business, so I do get to "strctch the dollar" a little bit further than your average shooter. That just means he gets more stuff, that's all (ha-ha)!!

Boolit Master
    Paul,
    Zack just turned 11 years old. Outdoor apparel definately would be nice as he loves to be outside. He has really chaffed under the restrictions he has been under the last several weeks. He will be able to resume some limited activity now, consistent with his breathing situation at any given time, but will have to be watched closely for signs of labored breathing and take frequent breaks.

You guys are a godsend for this little guy and it appears he will have a great Christmas this year (probably the best ever for him).

Thank you again for your generousity.
    vern

Boolit Grand Master

Vern, have you had voice lessons? Has anyone taught you to breathe, as a singer does or for meditation? From what you have said he needs to expand his lower lobes and develop them. Breathing from your diaphragm does that. LOML, who has had voice training, once told me that, after singing a concert, if my throat hurt I was singing (breathing) wrong. If my lower back hurt, I was singing right.

If you know what I am talking about train him to breathe right, and teach his folks as well. It takes pretty constant practice to have a major effect.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!