WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: RCBS Lub-a-matic 1 (old) / O-rings

Question RCBS Lub-a-matic 1 (old) / O-rings

My Lube-a-matic blew a gasket !

I have been hav'n a prob. with the lube flowing into the groves
    on my Bootits, I was think'n it was because all the different lubes I have been trying. This was a second hand RCBS
    belonged to a cowboy .44 Shooter (low vel.).

Well I had enough of it not working, So I tore it apart and found that the o-rings had failed.
    ( 1"dia X 1/8"W X2 ea. neoprene)

Come to find out with all the years, And lube put thru this thing some of the lube was rock hard.

I boiled the Lube-a-matic (boil out the lube) and it works like new.

After praysing myself for saving $$, I heard that these RCBS are warrented for life?, and not just to the original owner.
    is that true ?

thanx's
    Chuck

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Yes, it's true. RCBS warranty borders on insanity, as far as the bottom line goes. About 15 or so years ago I wrote them and said that my nearly thirty year old RCBS Junior press was getting so the ram was a little loose, and did I need to worry abut it? I went on to say that if my press was worn out, I would buy a Rockchucker. Without even knowing whether I had one of their presses, they sent me (free) a new Reloader Special 4, and said that my Junior was good for a lot more loading. The Junior at age 38 is stilll working good for a friend of mine, I am very happy with the free Reloader Special, and I guess I never will get that Rockchucker. Several times RCBS has sent me small parts free, also.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Master

I bought a used RCBS Ammomaster at our gun show. Was missing 8 or 9 small parts. Called RCBS, told 'em the tale, and ordered the parts. No Charge! Not even postage, fer cryin' out loud.

I love my ammomaster.

Cat

Boolit Bub
    Yes RCBS will warrentee those worn out O-rings. I got a pair for my Lube-A-Matic 1 last year. I also got a couple other parts I need as well. Great company to do business with.

Joe

Boolit Master
    I screwed up a 431 sizer die. I told them what I did and, if I could buy the center pin for the die. They sent me a new die free of charge! I always rember that when buying something new! ...Buck
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan