Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coyote attack

Boolit Master
    I recall reading an article about a turkey hunter hidden in his blind being attacked when two coyotes stumbled upon him.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    I think it was 2 years ago when a female jogger in Canada was attacked and killed by coyotes.
    bad water bill I remember that story. the girl was 23 years old and just making a name for her self in the music & song writing business. and she was only about 20 yards from other joggers 4 or 5 yotes jumped her pulled her down and tore her up and she bled out before help could stop the bleeding.My buddy lost his deer a few years ago in ct bow hunting. He had to track in for a ways. and when he found it there was a 1/2 dozen yotes working on it.he backed away and let them have it. in ct you can not carry a handgun in the woods during hunting season. he said the state can kiss his butt he is carrying from now on.
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

I have read an article in predator extreme mag. about trappers have noticed that instead of the coyote going to the end of the chain to get away they now charge the trapper despit being in a leg hold trap. I call them and always have my 357 with me.
    Garbear
    Garbear

Here's the reply from our animal control guy.

"Your concern was forwarded to me for response. Animal Services responds to urban wildlife calls several times per week and many of the calls involve coyotes. As you can imagine, coyotes are present throughout the city particularly along greenbelts or undeveloped areas. Mitigation measures are very difficult. Since coyotes are considered a “high risk” species for rabies the only option we have is to trap and humanely euthanize problem animals. The trap is actually a snare and we have some success at catching problem coyotes. If you can give me a specific address or area where the coyotes have been seen I can have an Animal Service Officer scout the area for a spot to set the snare. If you’d like to discuss the problem directly call me at your convenience.
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

When I was a kid growing up in central texas, the county used to pay $10-15 for a set of coyote ears. Does any state still offer a bounty on them?
    I would like a little lube with my OBAMA CARE!

Boolit Master
    any body wondered if it was that time of the month for the female security guard, hungry is hungry and anything hungry is an uncertain beast .

a friend back from his week long sit in the bow stand in central wis spotted more wolves than deer again this year , the scary part is they seem to follow some of the members of his hunting party back to to the truck if they sit and watch after returning to the truck they can see the wolf approach it had been following them at a distance.

our wolf season is stalled in court battle at this time , but much needed , the dnr trapping of problem wolves is not enough, and they are taking a fair number of complaints and wolves

Boolit Master
    S
    S
    S

Quote Originally Posted by parrott1969 View Post
    When I was a kid growing up in central texas, the county used to pay $10-15 for a set of coyote ears. Does any state still offer a bounty on them?
    My state went from 20-25 depending on the county to 50. You have to take a 10 question test on the divisions web sight, register with the state, provide the lower jaw and ears or pelt. Take to a certian location for documation. Provide grid coordinates and turn in a form to get 50 bucks. They are going to use the info to target cetian areas and hire contractors for predator control.

Garbear
    Garbear

Boolit Master

In April, 2010, Gov Rick Perry, TX, was jogging in semi rural SE Austin with his young labrador when they were confronted by a coyote. Gov Perry (CHL permitee) drew his LCP in 380 and sent it to, in his words, "where coyotes go." Big headlines at the time. Most elected officials in TX are liscensees. We can carry in the woods at all times, unless landowner doesn't want it.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Interesting video, slightly related to the topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Boolit Master

Coyotes are still afraid of people in my area of Michigan but I do shoot them on sight mostly when they get close to the house at night. Also we have several people who use dogs to hunt them locally.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master
    bear are afraid of people here, but largely because they are chases by dogs every bear season

wolves will be again when they are chases by dogs every fall

coyotes are mostly kept in check here by regular trapping and hunting

but when hungry coyotes will pick larger prey , here we had a pack chasing horses a few years back

Well I've lost two small dogs in the past month to yotes. 1st was my oldest he was 18 almost 19 year's old , the girlfriend left the front door open and he wondered out and was takin. Somebody told her yotes only hunt at night. Then yesterday evening she let the dogs out and some deer had just been in the yard. I'm thinking one of them was wounded from a bow hunter an was being tracked by the yotes and my dog got took because she was easier pray. Guess over fall break I need to thin the pack a lil

Timet to get a new girlfriend. I suspect she doesn't like the competition. When a woman causes two dogs to get taken by wild animals in the same month, that smells to high heavens.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

You could teach her to jog!Preferably at night.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.