Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coyote attack

Coyote attack

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22490925&nid...cid=featured-1

Local coyote attack. Seems these are happening more often.
    Garbear
    Garbear

In Remembrance
    Something wierd about that coyote, maybe some of the guards have been feeding it.

Rabies i bet.
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    I think it was 2 years ago when a female jogger in Canada was attacked and killed by coyotes.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Buddy
    got a pack of them makes rounds 1-2 times a month spotlighted them once 10-15 of them, its why i carry when i go hiking

Boolit Grand Master

Strange for a coyote. Probably will turn out to be rabid.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    There was a show on National Geographic, I think, a while back about that female hiker in Canada. When the police officer showed up after the attack one of the coyotes was still hanging around. He fired his shotgun a few times before the thing finally left the kill site. All the coyotes I've seen around Michigan are gone as soon as you see them, but I have friends that swear that they have been followed by them late at night. Myself, I'm much more concerned about the two legged predators rather than a small canine that I outweigh by 5 times.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Hmmm let's see we let more people live in the open lands restrict predator control and then we wonder why we have problems...........
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

I know I'll get in BIG trouble one of these days for this but I shoot them on sight anytime and anywhere I see one!

Boolit Master

a good friend of mine two days ago had a coyote run up to him on his bicycle and
    nip at his feet he kicked it in the mouth this was in Wis ( door county )
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Grand Master
    Coyotes predictably flee when they encounter humans......except when they don't.

The local song dogs get called at and hunted pretty intently, so about two years ago when Marie and I saw one paralleling our path up a dry wash on a ridge, I thought it was strange. As we continued up-canyon, the yote slowly started closing the distance, from about 200 yards down to 125 yards, still parallel but closing on a pursuit angle at a trot that matched the Jeep's speed.

Oh, hell no.

I snagged the Mini-14, got out of the Jeep as the coyote slowed and stopped, just staring at me. One 55 grain Ballistic Tip settled his hash. I didn't touch him, but on close look he appeared in good health, no slobbering/foaming, nicely furred. GMBTA.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Thonotosassa, Florida/ Pensacola, N. Carolina
    The reporter said to have a big rock to throw at the coyote---I think a .38spl slug would be better!
    "The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man -- and give some back."
    Al Swearengen, from "Deadwood"

Boolit Master

Coyotes are predators of opportunity. They will attack and kill a human if the circumstances allow.
    In the '50s when I was a youth I noticed that sometimes a coyote would circle me as I walked the fields in early winter. The size of the circle would decrease until the coyote got 25 to 30 yards away and I would shoot it. I suspect this was food driven as coyote populations were very high and theses were the leanest coyotes I have ever skinned. I don't know if it was hunger or curiosity but at $30 .00 to $50.00 a hide I appreciated the cooperation of the coyote.

Bow season here, I hear a pack raising cane before day break near where i huntand I found a den 200yrd from my blind. I'm still seening deer and I'm still hunting that property. But i'm packing the 357, If a yote gets in range 100 gr muzzy or .358 slug which one is most handy at the time
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

This is from my neighbor, 150 yards down the street in the middle of a Dallas Suburb. The Brown's is between his house and mine.

"A coyote was reportedly observed finishing off a cat last Saturday night in the Brown's yard. Oblivious to this, Janice turned her cat Sammy out Sunday AM at 5, and by 7 he had disappeared. By Monday one of the two cats who live next door in the Tate house had vanished. I regularly find large canine tracks in turned garden areas, but assumed these were large dogs running loose."

We have a creek running through the neighborhood. My wife has seen coyotes a number of times while walking the dogs. Too bad I can't use the Foxpro and the Benelli.
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Boolit Buddy
    We used to live in the N part of San Antonio. It was not uncommon for yotes to pray on neighborhood cats and small dogs A neighbor two houses down let her toy poodle out the back door one morning and she was standing waiting for it to do its thing, when a yote came out of the green belt behind the house and snatched the little ankle biter from before her eyes. Unfortunately, inside the city limits you can't shoot the critters.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crabo View Post
    This is from my neighbor, 150 yards down the street in the middle of a Dallas Suburb. The Brown's is between his house and mine.

"A coyote was reportedly observed finishing off a cat last Saturday night in the Brown's yard. Oblivious to this, Janice turned her cat Sammy out Sunday AM at 5, and by 7 he had disappeared. By Monday one of the two cats who live next door in the Tate house had vanished. I regularly find large canine tracks in turned garden areas, but assumed these were large dogs running loose."

We have a creek running through the neighborhood. My wife has seen coyotes a number of times while walking the dogs. Too bad I can't use the Foxpro and the Benelli.
    Finally a useful coyote!
    I'm a dog person.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    My neighbor moved to another town just inside of Will county Il. He put up a chain link fence so his 2 German Shepards could play during the day.

The real estate person and the fence installer both said coyotes have jumped those fences before and had even larger dogs for lunch as the coyotes are running in large packs.

This warning from only 40 miles from down town Chicago.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Banned
    Took my grandson with me to cut the property at my moms house on the withlacoochee river month ago. A yote took a kitten right off the neighbors front porch just down the road from me. Just about sunset it came back for another one my grandson got him with his 20 gauge mossberg pump he got for christmas. This yote acted liked he ran the block no fear at all until he got hit.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by starnbar View Post
    Took my grandson with me to cut the property at my moms house on the withlacoochee river month ago. A yote took a kitten right off the neighbors front porch just down the road from me. Just about sunset it came back for another one my grandson got him with his 20 gauge mossberg pump he got for christmas. This yote acted liked he ran the block no fear at all until he got hit.
    Job well done, Grandson!
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.