WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price increase

Price increase

Magma just increased the price of their Star's to 297.50. I noticed the price increase this morning when I went to their site, Sure glad I bought one a few weeks ago. It looks like everything went up across the board except the air feed.
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master

The USD is cheapening all the time. No surprise at all.

Bliksem

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    You can look to and thank the brilliant leadership currently residing in the White House for that price increase.

Everything moves via truck, train or plane. With current, and future, fuel prices, you're going to see a lot of things go up in price.

Fred

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    That pipeline from Canada would of helped out in that regard, but it was squashed by the current administration.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFloweryBranchGA View Post
    That pipeline from Canada would of helped out in that regard, but it was squashed by the current administration.
    There is no shortage of fuel, oil, or natural gas. That pipeline wouldn't have done anything to help prices.

There is absolutely no reason for fuel prices to be rising right now, other than the fact that Wall Street speculators are DRIVING the cost of oil up. The more times they can force the oil to change hands, the more money they make off it.

On top of that, people are reading headlines that say fuel prices will be going up. In response, the oil companies are raising prices, to meet those expectations. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. (Even though most of these companies have 3 to 5 months worth of reserves they can work through.)

The world market has a surplus of oil. The ONLY reason fuel prices are going up in the US, is because of speculation and greed. That's it.
    It isn't because of a lack of pipelines, oil wells, gas wells, or anything else (94% of oil leases in the US are capped and dormant).

It's Greed.
    Proud winner of February 2012's "Ugliest Gun" contest.

I called last week to order a Star and Mary told me about the price increase. I tried to talk her into giving me the (or at least one of the posted) price posted on their web site, but she claimed their web guy living on the East coast had not been able to make the correction because of weather. Guess we can live with it, pay almost retail on fleabay, or do without.

As to the price of gas, How can anyone think their is a free market when OPEC sets the base price and the speculators then drive it up. IMHO all big business seeks a monopoly so they can control (and gouge) prices.

Not on topic, but actually, the state and federal governments make more money on the fuel taxes than the oil companies do in profits. In my state, there is 54 cents a gallon in fuel taxes. The state tax is 30 cents and the federal tax is 24 cents.

I can remember buying gas as a teenager for 17 cents a gallon, including state and federal taxes..........

Fred

Boolit Mold
    Fred,

What was a S&W that time ? For a 150 you got a S & W 19 brand new.

But, what was it on the hour ?

1.26 $

To me its not the governments, its the whole banking system.
    They are not producing anything, just stealing our money !!!
    And playing with it. Las Vegas in Manhattan !
    If they win, big bonus, if they loose, tax payer !!!!

Boolit Master

wth, didn't they just go up 2 months ago to about $275??

Boolit Master

Is it possible that they keep increasing the prices to slow down the demand and to keep up with the orders? I'm not a business man, but don't companies sometimes increase prices to slow down orders?...They can find a price point that gives them the most profit for the same or less expense.

If they price them too high, they loose business. If they price them too low, they get more business then they can handle and have to expand their operation, etc.
    Jon

Boolit Master

Maybe it's because the last 2 used ones I saw on fleabay sold for well over $300. They are just trying to keep up with the "used" prices.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Smart businesses these days tend to either increase warehousing to the hilt which holds all future produce keeping their manufacturing steady, or eliminate all finished goods warehousing and work on a just-in-time schedule while hiring and firing production personnel. Depends upon taxing situations for the most part. Keep in mind that trucks transporting finished goods are considered finished-goods-warehouses to the latter company style of operation. ... felix

Two Arkansas companies, for example, Baldor Electric uses the first management style, while WalMart uses the second management style for finished goods. ... felix
    Last edited by felix; 03-19-2012 at 11:50 AM.
    felix

Boolit Master
    there has been a waiting list for Star sizers for a while. If a new Lyman 4500 is worth $160.00, a Star is sure worth $300.00 .

Boolit Master

Yes but for $40 more you can get the Ballisticast VI

For that $40 extra you get an air feed for the lube which is a $100 option on the star.

Boolit Master

Just went to your websight, nice looking machine. What is the current delivery time? The dies that you show on your information video are similar in appearance to Star dies. Are they interchangable?
    Thank you,
    Jeff

Star, Lathesmith, or Ballisti-Cast dies all work equally well in it. Delivery time is around 5 weeks right now, possibly sooner depending how fast I get the other work done.

Boolit Master

As shown in your video, what is included with the basic package and what is additional? From what I was able to gather you have heaters on this unit, is this correct?
    Thank you,
    Jeff

The basic package comes without the bullet feeding system and heaters/digital control. They are very simple to add later though. The fully loaded system comes with all the options shown in the video. You save $75 getting the fully loaded version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast