WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Outdoorsman and one handed shooting

Boolit Master

Outdoorsman and one handed shooting

I took out some handloads today consisting of my own cast 150 grain #358156 HP's with 12.5 grains of 2400 in my Outdoorsman. My left arm has been bothering me alot again and I had to wait until it subsided because it hurts just to go outside without my sling on (nerve pain sucks). So when the opportunity arose I got out and did some shooting. It took a couple of rounds to sight in but the rest fell into place at 25 yards. I will do some more shooting when it warms up as just being outside (about 30 here) just kills my bad arm.

Boolit Master

I can relate to the cold and pain. But that is fine one handed shooting and a beautiful pistol....
    Dysfunctional Disturbed Disabled Debonair Navy Veteran
    Swift Boats, Vietnam, 1967-1968.

"You are never too old to learn something stupid."

Boolit Bub

Outdoorsman

Very nice maybe I need nerve pain

Boolit Mold
    Funny thing about your crippled shooting is that it is better than some people shoot an M-16 at 25 yards. Nice shooting!

I hope your arm gets straightened out quickly. Nerve issues can make you want to cuss.

Boolit Master
    Could you let me know who's stocks those are? I really like them. What material? It looks like wood, but I'm not sure.
    "There's a Fine Line Between Hobby and Mental Illness"!

Boolit Master
    The grips are maple from Ahrends. They fit better to my hand than Smith factory target stocks.

Boolit Master

one handed

When I was younger I shot smaller groups with a pistol two handed, unsupported. Now, I can shoot better groups in the classic target one handed fashion. The difference is that the weaver stance/hold puts both the front and rear sight closer to my eye, and the one hand hold gets those sights closer to the same plane as the target. If I need to shoot fast, the two handed hold still wins out for control, however.
    You have the right to force me to pay for the feeding, housing, clothing, education, and medical treatment of yourself and your children when I have THE RIGHT TO FORCE YOU TO PICK MY COTTON!

Section 1 13th Amendment to the Constitution:
    "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Boolit Buddy
    David, you've shown us that wonderful revolver and your shooting before. But there is no such thing as too many times so please keep the pictures coming

Banned

Makes me laugh!
    To shoot open sights anymore I need to attach my gun to a long stick!
    Guys, try Creedmore to get the sights way out there. Make sure you use a blast shield.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    Makes me laugh!
    To shoot open sights anymore I need to attach my gun to a long stick!
    Guys, try Creedmore to get the sights way out there. Make sure you use a blast shield.

Jim, real men shoot Creedmore without a blast shield at least once in their shooting careers - need something to talk about in their ole age. I wonder how an X-Frame cylinder gap burn feels??