Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pay your bills

Jim, we have all done it. Dont beat yourself up. Apologize to the guy and give him an extra buck. People are forgiving and understand.

In Remembrance

I can totally relate. Not long ago I took an item on PIF and thought I posted an item in return. Later I got to thinking that no one took the item, but I could not find I had ever posted it. May have been one of those that I forgot to click "submit". I posted an item, but it was late. I've caught myself clicking "enter" like on facebook and that doesn't work. DUH! Or is it "post quick reply"?

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I had a deal like that just before Christmas . A failure to comunicate clearly. We got it squared up he's happy I'm happy.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Man
    im 38 and that happens to me all the time

Banned

Im a bit anal about paying my bills on time. I just dont sleep well knowing im behind. My wife is just the oposite. We have seperate checking accounts and our own bills that are are seperate responsibilitys. Shes constantly getting calls that something is overdue or she bounced a check. It doesnt bother her in the least. I think she does it because she knows when they call ill end up paying the dammed bill! I can honestly say in the 55 years ive been on this world i cant remember ever being late on a bill other then when i was in the bad car wreck and in the hospital but even then when i realized it i had my dad take money out of his account to pay them until i could get out and reimburse him. Credit is the biggest downfall to this country. No other place on earth lets a man buy as much stuff without money and its a total rip off the ammount of money they make off of you when you do borrow but i was raised to believe it you took a mans money under any circumstance you paid him back. You did this before you even went grocery shopping!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Flinchbaugh View Post
    I'm only 47 and suffer from CRS, cant remember s___
    When my granddaughter was about four, she was with us and I had forgotten something, she musta heard the above phrase (CRS) in relationship to my memory from her father, cause she said "Grampy, are you having one of those can't remember".....and here she paused and got a wild look in her eyes, cause she knew grandpa and grandma didn't tolerate foul language.....then continued "stuff moments?" (in relief that her quick wit had saved the day).

Ever since then she refers to it as CRS, without giving details.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.

bills

I will say this as a constructive criticism and hope it's taken that way. I'm now 64 and will turn 65 on 4/15.
    I had a 3.9 grade average in school and being very fortunate to not even study for my tests.
    Well that all changed as I have those CRN moments quite a few times, they are not every week or so but every day. I rely on my wife to back me up along with a pen and paper.
    I have found that when I make a purchase or deal with anyone including forum members that during the mail exchange or call I'm taking notes from one of three tablets on my Lap Top desk. As soon as that is done I proceed to make a box label and make up a USPS box. This is done on every deal as soon as the first contact has been made.
    The first person in your deal held up his end and you should knowing that you have this problem that we all have done the same.
    I did a few swaps that involved the same member and on both deals I sent out his items on the next day. He advised that he was sending his money on the next day also. It never came about and took over a month on both deals for me to be paid.
    I will not do any more deals with this person.
    If you are going to make deals and are aware of your memory slow down then take steps to avoid them.
    You can't receive absolution from the members and should give this guy a little something extra; such as a book, bottle of wine, or if you are short on funds a card will suffice. This will show that you are sincere in what you say by following through this time.
    As I said from the start this is meant in a positive tone and I hope it is received that way but a simple that's alright Jim from anyone is not what is needed. Take Care from One who Knows David AKA Cajun Shooter AKA Fairshake
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master

Cajun I hope you take this the right way. Every one has made mistakes. Whether your Christian or not (I happen to be) Jesus died because we cant be perfect. You say make an extra effort. You dont know that Jim didnt do that. I do see and know that He set himself up for public humiliation because he made a mistake and (olny the Lord knows his heart) seems truly repentant about it. If we all had store fronts trust would not be necessary. Cash and carry. But since we are spread across the whole world a leap of faith has to be taken from one of two people the buyer or the seller. Some times we get burned. Most of the time folks are honest. I precieve that Jim was raised the same way I was by men who taught us the our word was our bond. I can still hear my grandfather say "Danny, a man is only as good as his word. If his word isn't any good the man isnt any good." But I also know that forgiveness is a virtue we all should be striving for. Jim certainly didnt have to go public like he did. He could have just PMed the guy and said I messed up. What can I do to make it right. But he didn't choose the easy way out. I for one respect that. Also I view dealings on sites like this the same as lending money to people and I have told all my kids this Do not ever loan money you ever expect to see again. Because you will get burned and it will eat you up. So Mr Cajun holding on to wrongs only hurt you. as far as the guy who was late pay do you really believe he even thinks about you? nope but you are still burned about him. Think about it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cajun shooter View Post
    I will say this as a constructive criticism and hope it's taken that way. I'm now 64 and will turn 65 on 4/15.
    I had a 3.9 grade average in school and being very fortunate to not even study for my tests.
    Well that all changed as I have those CRN moments quite a few times, they are not every week or so but every day. I rely on my wife to back me up along with a pen and paper.
    I have found that when I make a purchase or deal with anyone including forum members that during the mail exchange or call I'm taking notes from one of three tablets on my Lap Top desk. As soon as that is done I proceed to make a box label and make up a USPS box. This is done on every deal as soon as the first contact has been made.
    The first person in your deal held up his end and you should knowing that you have this problem that we all have done the same.
    I did a few swaps that involved the same member and on both deals I sent out his items on the next day. He advised that he was sending his money on the next day also. It never came about and took over a month on both deals for me to be paid.
    I will not do any more deals with this person.
    If you are going to make deals and are aware of your memory slow down then take steps to avoid them.
    You can't receive absolution from the members and should give this guy a little something extra; such as a book, bottle of wine, or if you are short on funds a card will suffice. This will show that you are sincere in what you say by following through this time.
    As I said from the start this is meant in a positive tone and I hope it is received that way but a simple that's alright Jim from anyone is not what is needed. Take Care from One who Knows David AKA Cajun Shooter AKA Fairshake
    This is a very good post and excellent advice for all of us. We all make mistakes and should try our best to compensate for our known weaknesses so they don't become a problem for others.

Boolit Grand Master
    Guys, let's park this thread, OK? Everybody's had their say and now it's time to give it a rest.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Reload3006 View Post
    Cajun I hope you take this the right way. Every one has made mistakes. Whether your Christian or not (I happen to be) Jesus died because we cant be perfect.
    I'm sorry but this reference to Jesus’ perfection in this context has bothered me a little. Forgetting to do something is not a sin. Making a legitimate mistake is not an offense to God. Jesus was a carpenter and I’m sure he cut a board or two too short. That's speculation, but in Luke 8:30, he misjudged the number of demons the man was possessed by. Not sins.

Perfection is called for and expected in the morale realm, the way we deal with God and each other: “You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.” Matthew 5:48.

I forgot what I was going to say.

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Locked by OP request.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud