RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: CH Single Stage Press

CH Single Stage Press

I have a chance to pick up a CH single stage press fairly cheap. I seem to remember CH was a major player in reloading equipment. Press looks to be in good shape and certainly is built heavy enough. Anyone like to comment on the press. I have a Dillon 550 but want to get a single stage for rifle loading. Sold my Rockchucker on one of my moves a few years back and have regretted it ever since.
    I assume it takes standard dies and shell holders.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Here is a picture of it.

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8d42_1.jpg  
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    Bob,

They are still in business. Here is the website address if you'd like to find out a bit more about that press: http://www.ch4d.com/

From their description, it sounds like you could add a Hornady Lock N Load conversion bushing to making changing dies a very fast operation. If you'd like to know more about the conversion kit and what it can do, give me a holler.

Regards,

Dave

Boolit Buddy
    Ask if it's made of aluminium or cast steel.

Boolit Master
    that press is not made any more, I think it was called a "junior champion" or something like that.

Robert.. It will make you a fine reloading press... grab it and don't look back.. CH made good stuff..fully equal to RCBS, Pacific and others of it's day. I am reasonably certain it will be cast iron.

Boolit Buddy
    Donīt be too sure about cast iron (easy to check with a magnet).
    I was recently offered a single stage CH press, smaller than the "Rock Chucker" size. I sent CH a mail and he said: Aluminium.
    I already have a CH 4-hole H-style press and itīs made of aluminium.

Lost opportunity I am afraid. Will chase a Rockchucker on EBay.

Take Care

Bob

Boolit Master At Heavens Range 2008 Swagerman's Avatar
    Robertbank, I once had a C-H press just like the one in the photo, it was a Junior Champ press model.

It was a good sturdy press, but not ment for bullet swaging, I broke two ram toggle base pins in it...and bent a third swaging hundreds of cast boolits.

Finally went to the older Herter's models and never looked back.

Swagerman Jim

Quote Originally Posted by utk View Post
    Donīt be too sure about cast iron (easy to check with a magnet).
    I was recently offered a single stage CH press, smaller than the "Rock Chucker" size. I sent CH a mail and he said: Aluminium.
    I already have a CH 4-hole H-style press and itīs made of aluminium.
    How do you like the 4 hole H style press?...........Creeker

Boolit Buddy
    Creeker, it is a very "handy" and nice press. Small and compact. I think itīs mostly intended for handguns, though.
    I think it was sold as "CH 444 pistol Champ" and mine is complete with a pushbutton powder measure (with separate powder bushings), a pushbutton primer feeder and a .32SWL powder-through-expander die.
    One drawback is you need 4 shellholders if you want to operate it as intended, or load one case at a time moving it around.
    It would be great to use for eg. decapping, priming and lee bulletsizing, having all dies mounted and ready for use. Also a nice press to carry to the range for load development.

Urban

Thanks utk..............Creeker

Boolit Mold
    Why would you want to load rifle ammo an a single stage press when you have a 550 Dillon???????????? The loads are not any more accurate and it takes alot longer to load on a single stage press. I form brass for my wildcat on a 550 Dillon. The only reason I can think of for a single stage press, if you have a Dillon, is to swedge primer pockets on mil. brass.

Ran out of holes to put dies in. Want to crimp in a separate operation.

Stage 1 - Neck resizer
    Stage 2 - Powder Die
    Stage 3 - Neck Expander
    Stage 4 - Boolit Seating Die
    Opps - Crimp Die
    Also can use the single stage for full length resizing brass not shot in my rifle - just convenience. May pick up a used Rockchucker in time,

Take Care

Bob