Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: RCBS case prep center

RCBS case prep center

I am considering getting a RCBS case prep center. It is kinda spendy in my opinion. I just want to know if it is worth the money. I do reload for a AR 15 and have to prep alot of cases. If anyone has one they want to get rid of let me know ? Thanks for your input.
    You'll shoot your eye out kid !

Boolit Man

Case prep

I do and I like it. I use the prep center to clean up each case while the next case is running in the power trimmer. I like easy. Mike

I love it!

I also considered a long time before getting because of the $90 cost and thought at first it was silly.

Far better than doing it by hand!

I then built my own single point machine using an old cordless drill. Worked OK, but still took a long time since I had to handle the brass multiple times to do each action seperately. I accumulated enough Cabelas gift cards and took the plunge when on sale during Hometown Heroes Days.

Works great and you can place your tooling anywhere on the five rotating centers. I only hold the brass once, but can perform each function quickly in a few seconds. I am now using it next to my powered RCBS trimmer. The unit is heavy enough that I leave it portable for storage and using it on various benches. I found no need to mount it.

I use it for a lot of 223 reloading for me and some friends. I use it to clean primer pockets, deburr, chamfer, and on first processed brass I cleanout the flash hole and uniform the primer pockets.

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    +3 what the other two fellas said. Good piece of equipment for the money.

In Remembrance

I`m with the other above posters on this handy tool. When you start getting Mr. `Ritis in your hands you`ll soon appreciate this tool for doing cases.Robert

Boolit Master

I thought the one I tried had the motor turing the heads way too slow. I like the drill chuck models. You touch the case more than once but my plan is to have two boxes. Cases go from box, to tool, to box. Then backwards for each tool swap. I just flat out didn't care for the quality of the RBCS unit for the price tag.

Boolit Mold
    Count me in amongst the satisfied. I've used mine for at least a decade (maybe longer because time flys when you're having fun) without a hitch. I even screw in the RCBS Mil Crimp Removers when I deal with any military brass ... I love it!

I have one and I've used it a fair amount. I did 1000 .223 cases on it. I was beat when finished. Never again.

It does allow you to do things that would be difficult to do by hand. I use it infrequently because I'm lazy.

It fits somewhere between beginner handloader and production hand loader.

Not sure I would get it again.
    That I could be wrong is an eventuality that has not escaped me. I just painted the pictures as I saw them. I do not know how to do anything else. (Saint Elmer, 1955)

Boolit Master
    I think the unit is underpowered and while I own it, I don't have near the enthusiasm for
    its performance as the first few posters. If there are better station type tools on the market,
    I do not know of one.

Boolit Master
    I have the RCBS and it is OK like some say slow and under powered. I see Hornady has one now, would like to compair it with the RCBS but probley never will get a chance to. Dennis