RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beamer in Saigon

Moderator Emeritus

mroliver, my current bike is a Suzuki DR 650. The single cylinders have come a long ways but I still like them. I really wanted a Triumph 500 back about 1970 but not near enough money in my pockets as a teenager.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Buddy
    I thought some of you old farts might find this site interesting....the Chinks are busy making copies of the old Honda's and these folks are selling them, right here.

http://www.smithsenterprise.com/m90.html
    I'm shufflin' thru the Texas sand..... but my head's in Mississippi

Banned

Look what the cat drugged in. How ya been Jumptrap?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    Pat, Did you find what you was lookn' for in SE Asia?
    Yes and no. It became to dangerous, so I decided to leave it. But had an adventure of a lifetime.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    Look what the cat drugged in. How ya been Jumptrap?
    Pat,

I'm doing OK, thanks for asking. I read the headlines here a couple times a week but rarely ever find anything worth commenting on......therefore, I don't! The CB 'family' I knew, more or less no longer exists and I don't know this new crowd and they don't know me. So, in order to avoid a pissing match every time I tell it as I see it, like an old dog, instead of chasing every car that drives by....I now just lay on the porch and lick'em. Must be a sign of advancing age or wisdom....whichever it is....it works for me.

Every time I read a post on Savage 340's......I think of the three I have in the safe that haven't seen light of day for 8 years now, same with the Martini cadets, the small legion of marlins and winchesters and all the others. I grin when Chinese SKS's are derided as poor cousins of the Russians and Yugo's and marvel at how the pinned barrel has failed to fall off after more than 10,000 rounds have gone down-range. Too many arm-chair experts for me. If I were tell about loading 36.5 grains of Bullseye in a 1944 Mosin before it let go, I'd be called a blatant liar. Most of that mil-surp stuff is junk and I spent a lot of time playing with them....it was a cheap form of entertainment. Folks would be a lot better off spending their time shooting nice, well made guns. On the other hand, I'd be everybody's best friend if I were to advertise for sale my mold collection...which I have considered doing. There's enough bullet casting stuff in the shop to make a good downpayment on a new car.

Banned

Yaw lot's changed around here, but good to see you poke your nose in still once in awhile.

Remember we had talked years ago about my old fishing partner "Chuck Kazee" - a serious huntin' fishin', and shootin' scrapper from your neck of the Kentucky woods. I finally got a scanner, and I want to dig up a pic of him and see if he looks like the Kazee's you used to know.

Darn I miss him.
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 09-29-2011 at 12:03 PM.

In Remebrance

Quote Originally Posted by Jumptrap View Post
    I thought some of you old farts might find this site interesting....the Chinks are busy making copies of the old Honda's and these folks are selling them, right here.

http://www.smithsenterprise.com/m90.html
    Dang man! Not quite the Trail 90 I recall, but close.

Nice to see ya you old reprobate! Know what you mean about the "flavor" change here, but it's still better than most other places. Not as much fun as it used to be, thats for sure.

Boolit Buddy
    Pat,

I had plum forgot you mentioning that Kazee man. I knew of two.....and I probably told you about both of them. One was an old man when I was still a kid. He was one of the last true hillbilly muzzleloader gunsmiths alive. His shop was nothing but an old wood shed and his tools were an assortment of hammers and files. He is long dead.

The other one was Jim Kazee, he was a little older than me, might be 60 if he was alive. Jim was a hoot...we called him Kra-zee on the railroad. He got killed not a mile from his house after driving home from a Florida vacation, turned his car over and was pinned beneath. That was at least 25 years ago.

Both of them lived in Boyd county, which is east of here.

Bret, those Chi-Com Hondas are probably pretty good bikes. I never liked the Trail 90 because the seat hurt my big ***. When I was a boy, the rich kids had trail 50's and 70's...like those Chinese knockoffs. I rode Shank's pony.

Boolit Master

Pat, my hats off to you, there is no way I would go back and visit that country.
    What I lost there can't be retrieved.
    U S Navy Retired. NRA Lifetime Member. NMLA. SASS Member Time magazine Person of the year 2006