Sonny: Evapo-Rust doesn't work well in a wipe on type application. But when used the way it's designed to be used, it works really well! I've bought moulds that were rusted, and from the outside looked like basket cases, and after soaking them in Evapo-Rust overnight they look great! Of course if the rusted item has pits, then after soaking they'll have rust free pits! I have a few of the Redding made SAECO moulds, and the blocks are a brownish color, and a while ago I was looking at one of them, and thought I saw some surface rust on it, so I soaked the blocks in Evapo-Rust for a couple of hours, and it turns out that it didn't have any rust on it, but now along with no rust, there's no brownish color either! I had thought that color was from the copper in their supposedly special alloy, but it's just a surface finish.

Now I try to always have some Evapo-Rust on hand, just like I always like to have WD-40, and LLA. (I use the LLA for it's original purpose, as a rust preventative) One of the nice things about Evapo-Rust is that it won't attack paints, rubber, wood, etc. so if you have a tool that's rusty, and it has rubber handles (like the dip on stuff) you can soak it, and not worry about the handle material, I don't think you could do that with most other rust removers.