Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 97 of 128 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2555

Thread: Loading bench pics

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Built this in the basement because it's to cold in the garage.

Top didn't turn out nearly as dark as the one I built in my garage, oh well. Not sure if I'm going to use an Inline Fabrication Ultramount or not. After I decide I'm going to build some storage directly underneath the top. Might as well take advance of the dead space in the top frame.
    That's a nice sturdy looking bench!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockchucker View Post
    I have to much crammed into a small space but its all the room I have.
    Looks good you gotta do what ever it takes to get by with what you got to work with.

Thanks!
    NRA Life Member

Mine is a disgrace, unfit for being memorialized.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	181 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	159636Here is my ammo making corner.....

Boolit Bub
    My little corner.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151220_162826.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	160334

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rifle 57 View Post
    That's a nice sturdy looking bench!
    It actually wobbles some. This is due to it only being 4' long. If it was 8' long it would be rock solid. I'm going to flip the side supports around. This way the front posts are tied in lower. This should help the wobble a good bit. I still have to load the lower shelf up w/ ammo cans full of bullets. This should be a good counterweight to the motion of the press.

I don't want it moving at all as it will have a 550B mounted on it, primarily. I ordered a Micro Ultramount w/ quick change plate. This way I can swap out a LCT, LCC and JR3 quickly. Hopefully I can get the 550B mounted tomorrow as work fell through for this week.

Boolit Master

It actually wobbles some. This is due to it only being 4' long. If it was 8' long it would be rock solid. I'm going to flip the side supports around. This way the front posts are tied in lower. This should help the wobble a good bit. I still have to load the lower shelf up w/ ammo cans full of bullets. This should be a good counterweight to the motion of the press.
    Due to the nature of the loads that are put on a table during reloading, it needs to be either extremely heavy or attached to the wall to keep it from moving. If you designed it so that the legs were significantly wider than the table top it might also help. This would make it something like a rectangular frustum (truncated pyramid).

Of course, to make that truly stable, a few diagonal braces should be added .

I saw a really nice work table for sale on Craig's list yesterday, with a 2" x 6" top, 6 ft long, 38" high for 60 bucks. The material will cost more than that. I already have a good one, so I let it pass.

Boolit Master

I don't want it moving at all as it will have a 550B mounted on it, primarily. I ordered a Micro Ultramount w/ quick change plate. This way I can swap out a LCT, LCC and JR3 quickly. Hopefully I can get the 550B mounted tomorrow as work fell through for this week.

So did my lathe table, even though the design is solid. No matter. I put four eyebolts in the back. Two per leg, one at the top, one at the bottom. Strung some steel wire in an X across the back and put it under tension.

NOW it is the immovable object, unless by God's irresistible force.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
    I put four eyebolts in the back. Two per leg, one at the top, one at the bottom. Strung some steel wire in an X across the back and put it under tension.

NOW it is the immovable object, unless by God's irresistible force.
    That is a darn good solution.

Boolit Master

From experience. First time around I took a plank and made ONE cross brace. Good for tension and compression, and it worked. But it's still not as tight as the cable solution, and when you use the space under the lathe for bin storage, you can't push the bins in as far, cables have more flexibility than a plank.

A plank is cheaper though.

Boolit Master

My way for a short narrow bench is to leave some overhang of the bench top at the back, to just fit over a horizontal 2x4 cleat that is lagged to the wall studs. Run a line of long screws through the bench top into the cleat and your bench will be as stiff as your house.

Edit: Seems I misremembered the attachment method I used. Not screws, but steel angle brackets from under the bench top to the cleat, installed such that the bench is pulled tight against the wall. It's like it was framed with the house.
    Last edited by Nueces; 02-09-2016 at 10:06 PM.

Here's my little setup, I'm in a spare bedroom and space is limited so my goal is try to keeps things as neat as I can and to utilize every bit of area as possible and that ain't always an easy task....

Banned

^^^ One of the most efficient set-ups I have seen. And way too neat I might add. Nice spot.

Banned

Built this in the basement because it's to cold in the garage.

Top didn't turn out nearly as dark as the one I built in my garage, oh well. Not sure if I'm going to use an Inline Fabrication Ultramount or not. After I decide I'm going to build some storage directly underneath the top. Might as well take advance of the dead space in the top frame.
    I could not live with out my Inline Ultra Mounts. When it's cold, that looks like a good winter home.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by convert69 View Post
    My little corner.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151220_162826.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	160334
    As with some other set-ups, very efficient use of space. At least there was room for the RCBS Auto Prime.

May Liberty Increase!
    RickF, if I could keep my loading bench that neat my wife might let me in the house with it. My being relegated to the barn should tell you all you need to know....
    WANTED: CH AutoChamp Mark IV, V, or Va - PM me if you've got one you'd like to part with.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    RickF, if I could keep my loading bench that neat my wife might let me in the house with it. My being relegated to the barn should tell you all you need to know....
    Guardian I can't use the garage because of living too close to the ocean with the salt air destroying anything it can so my only recourse was a spare bedroom and I promised my wife I would keep it clean but I'd trade that spare bedroom for a cluttered barn anytime.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    Here's my little setup, I'm in a spare bedroom and space is limited so my goal is try to keeps things as neat as I can and to utilize every bit of area as possible and that ain't always an easy task....

Hubba Hubba, me likey. Wish mine was that nice looking.