Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Primer tube filler buy

Banned

im regretting buying this thing! Ever since ive gotten it I cant keep my old lady out of the loading room for some reason. Even when im not even in there loading I find her in there filling primer tubes for me.

Boolit Buddy
    Is it possible to get in on this? Do I send a payment as directed in the first post?
    Or is this the price I have to pay for lurking too long?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4075 View Post
    Hello all, I'm still working on the next batch of 36. that should get everyone taken care of. Ausglock, I never received an email from you.
    Bobby
    G'day Bobby.
    Mate thanks for letting me know.
    I'll send another one now.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

I received my unit this week. Just wanted to thank Parrot and Bobby for their hard work in bringing this product out. The effort is much appreciated!

Harold

In Remembrance

Medical doctors prescribe it. Below is a link for a pdf of a medical report.:
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...1E-g-w&cad=rja

See page 8 for the cure for cataracts. hahaha

And, a similar post office mailing of similar devices has the bomb squad called in:
    http://www.slate.com/id/2121835/#ContinueArticle

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    im regretting buying this thing! Ever since ive gotten it I cant keep my old lady out of the loading room for some reason. Even when im not even in there loading I find her in there filling primer tubes for me.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Buddy
    Simple Hornady Primer Tube modification:

Simply use a razor blade to cut the plastic/nylon petals off just above ( 1/8") the alumiminum tube. See picture below.

Use a file to square the ends off again and rechamfer the tube with a chamfer bit or another drill by hand.

Use a cordless drill and 220-320 grit sandpaper to slowly sand down the aluminum and nylon until it just slips in the filler body with a little pressure, my Dillon & Hornady tubes magic diameter was 0.3115-0.3120.

Boolit Mold
    Anybody having problems with primers flipping upside down? Especially small primers. Using dillon tubes that a sanded down. Thanks.

Boolit Mold
    Hopefully...the designer made sure there was not enough height clearance to allow small primers to flip. I could see this being a problem if the same feed channel is used for large and small primers. I don't have mine yet to check out. I only load small primers so I hope it's not optimized for large primers.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtuna View Post
    Hopefully...the designer made sure there was not enough height clearance to allow small primers to flip. I could see this being a problem if the same feed channel is used for large and small primers. I don't have mine yet to check out. I only load small primers so I hope it's not optimized for large primers.
    That's it. I'm going to put a thin piece of plastic to decrease the clearance. I'll report back.

Boolit Buddy
    I haven't had any flip yet, but I did notice that it looks like it is very close. I was thinking of sanding/filing the Dillon tube end down to reduce the ID chamfer, that should reduce the clearance that he primer has to flip. I haven't noticed any trying to flip prior to being on top of the primer tube. The Hornady tubes that I modified have just the slightest ID chamfer and it seems to help, I haven't had any flip yet.

Boolit Mold
    is there a updated paid/shipped list?

i paid on the 12th by paypal for 2 units and nothing yet.i was around 25 on the group buy
    thanks
    pete

Boolit Mold
    I made a new tube and this time left a small ID chamfer as suggested by GMT210. Worked fine. The large primers have enough weight to fall straight but it seems the small need a small tapered drop to stay straight. I so need to get a life if all I'm doing on a day off is putzing with this primer thingee.

Boolit Mold
    Stiill waiting for mine;-(

Boolit Mold
    sending out the rest from group buy tomorrow. have all complete. also, I was reading some of the posts and the small primers work fine. there needs to be absolute no chamfer in the tube. and the end as straight as possible. the small primers were what was in the video as I load many 9 mm and thats what I was using. also I made a video of how I would modify your tubes. search for
    donelson4075 on youtube. thanks, Bob

Boolit Mold
    Thanks again for doing this Bobby.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4075 View Post
    sending out the rest from group buy tomorrow. have all complete. also, I was reading some of the posts and the small primers work fine. there needs to be absolute no chamfer in the tube. and the end as straight as possible. the small primers were what was in the video as I load many 9 mm and thats what I was using. also I made a video of how I would modify your tubes. search for
    donelson4075 on youtube. thanks, Bob
    Thanks!

primer flip

Quote Originally Posted by Eyedoc View Post
    Anybody having problems with primers flipping upside down? Especially small primers. Using dillon tubes that a sanded down. Thanks.

I nearly threw mine in the trash yesterday. I am using Dillon tubes that do not seem to require any modification. Large pistol primers flip over at about 4 per hundred. Large rifle seems to work ok if you can get the Lee primer tray to flip them right side up. I have not tried small primers yet but am some what underwhelmed at this point.

Bob says all will be shipped by tomorrow. There are 2 exceptions, duke in maine and reader. Duke yours is getting a special dye job. Reader, he is having to order parts so expect a slight delay.
    I would like a little lube with my OBAMA CARE!

Boolit Mold
    Received mine with 2 shiny chrome motors. It will be a little while before I get a chance to try them out - but they look great! Thanks again guys for putting this together.

I tried the chrome motor, haven't tried the primer tube filler.
    Visit my page at www.echoarms.com for casting, reloading, and firearms accessories as well as FFL services in Southern California.

Like my Facebook page: Echo Arms

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast