Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Adjustable Gasblocks

Boolit Master

Adjustable Gasblocks

Just ordered an Low profile PRI adjustable gas block for my DPMS 20" barreled upper in 6.8. I am assuming a person runs the adjust all the way in and adjusts out until the rifle functions properly. My question is how sensitive is the adjustment? Is a quarter turn a lot, half, full turn?
    7br aka Mark B.

On the internet, I am 6ft tall, good looking and can dance.

Depends on the pressure you're running. The gas from a full power load will sneak through a very small opening, but the gas from a cast load may need a bigger opening. Even all the way closed, with a full power load my 6x45 will sometimes hiccup. It's one of those things you'll have to experiment with, then remember the settings.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 7br View Post
    Just ordered an Low profile PRI adjustable gas block for my DPMS 20" barreled upper in 6.8. I am assuming a person runs the adjust all the way in and adjusts out until the rifle functions properly. My question is how sensitive is the adjustment? Is a quarter turn a lot, half, full turn?
    Be sure to use a magazine to insure that the bolt locks back when you're adjusting the gas block. Don't ask me how much ammo I burned up before I realized that little gem of information...
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master

You can make a finger adjustable knob with reference marks to replace the adjustment screw. A handy little improvement.