Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: LeveRevoltuion Powder

Boolit Grand Master
    IIRC, there was a post on 6mmbr.com about some using it in the 6mm br case with great results. Charges were, I believe , just a tenth or two more powder than a Varget charge. You might want to check there to see if you can find it.

In Remembrance
    Grampa I can't resize that enough to read, but I am sure it is right. In my 2014 hodgdon annual it list data for all the 308Me, 338,me 30/30 and the 25/35, all with various bullets. The 444 and 45/70 data with lever. It does say that it is the same exact powder used in leverrevolution ammo, I guess they mean in some of the lever ammo. lol

I would imagine they will get around to listing data in others eventuality.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Grampa I can't resize that enough to read, but I am sure it is right. In my 2014 hodgdon annual it list data for all the 308Me, 338,me 30/30 and the 25/35, all with various bullets. The 444 and 45/70 data with lever. It does say that it is the same exact powder used in leverrevolution ammo, I guess they mean in some of the lever ammo. lol

I would imagine they will get around to listing data in others eventuality.
    they are PDF files you can download and read.. hodogdon's online load data is getting updated with more uses of LVR all the time..

they show 35 rem. and 338 fed. now
    What I hand-load; .380acp; 9mm/9mmR; 38/357mag; 45acp;
    223rem(5.56mm); 22-250rem; 243win; 6.5 Grendel; 270 win; 30-30win; 308win; 45-70gov.

on the list to start Loading; 30-06 springfield; 222 rem; 6.5x55 swedish

"You might be a gun nut if you load 45-70 on a progressive press" -HICKOK45<- was he talking about me!?!

---
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    _________________ ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In Remembrance
    My book has 35 rem loads for 4 different bullets, and 3 bullets for 338 federal. I hadn't noticed it had the federal load data till now.

Boolit Master

I just loaded and shot Leverevolution for the first time today it was loaded under a bullet cast in a Lee 309170 mold velocity was about what The Lee manual gave for a 170 jacketed book but the load smokes a lot have any of you noticed the same?

The loads were also not very accurate loaded to 2040 f/s this same bullet over IMR-3031 shoots under 2 MOA these loads were 4 inchs at 30 yds!
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

In Remembrance
    That doesn't sound good at all firefly, what gun, and what lube???

Has anyone considered LeveRevolution powder for use in the venerable 30-40 Krag chambering?
    I am already far down the road of load construction for testing in my recent Krag adoption, so this is not an immediate experiment. The thought kinda popped in my mind last night as I was finishing loading up ammo for testing this weekend.
    The case capacity for the 30-30 is 45 grains (I think, please correct me), and the 30-40 is around 58. (again, I think, please correct me if I am wrong). So my thought was despite that, those two cartridges are not counties apart in terms of performance. Yes, the 30-40 krag service load was with a 220 (ish) projectile, but a lot of the data I have mined on the cast boolit variety is right in the wheelhouse with the 30-30.
    Mind you, I am not trying to re-invent the wheel, but the performance noted in the thread for the 30-30 was very interesting.
    Thoughts and comments are as always, appreciated.
    Thanks

Boolit Master
    I too am interested in Lever for 30-40. There is data for Lever in the .308 Marlin Express, roughly 2 grs less capacity than the 30-40 case. I am working off that data but given the pressure caps for ye olde single lug Krag, this is very much proceed at your own risk stuff.

I just bought a Ruger #3 in 30-40 and can be more adventurous with that, but will likely be working paper patched loads over 4350 for that....

I'm glad I'm not the only fish swimming in this stream.
    I'm going to collect some more data tomorrow and start lining up some corollaries and see if anything makes sense.
    Thanks for the info on the 308 marlin express. I will peruse that as well.

Firefly no it doesn't smoke much. I assume the other load runs the same fps? It's a slow powder, can't go much over 32 gr in 30/30 fps does't go up much.
    Whatever!

In Remembrance
    Larry tested 34.5 grains and published all the numbers (which were pretty nice) using the 311041.
    Sportsmans still had one pound here today. The stuff stayed on the shelf way over a week, when powder besides bmg is always gone within a day, so there is not many people using it hear, but the calibers that there is data for is not the most popular here either.

Boolit Master

Starmac 30-30 both cast and jacketed the cast was powder coated with paint and baked then gas checked and sized.

Popper the Lee book has more then 32 grain list 33 grains is starting load .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Just read through the whole thread and it's an unbelievable amount of knowledge. I was interested in the fact that this powder likes heavy for caliber boolits to shine. I have a 240GC boolit that was showing promise in my 35 Rem with H4895 and was immediately intrigued with LeverRevolution powder. I bought these boolits from Mt Baldy who has since gone off the grid but still have a good amount left. Any thoughts on this boolit using LVR?

Thomas

In Remembrance
    Hodgdon gives a starting load of 42 grains to max of 45 which is compressed for the 200 grain hdy round nose bullet in 35 rem. They for some reason do not show a load for the 220.
    I just noticed they also have data for the 338 federal.

It is kind of odd, but the starting load for the 180 gr spr fn is less at 40.0 gr and the same for max. The the ftx is less both starting at 37 and maxes at 41.4 compressed. Is the hornady 35 ammo in shorter cases like the 45/70, or is the bullet just taking that much more room??

Could you use 338 federal leverevolution data as somewhat of a starting point for 358 win? Say around 38-40 grains leverevolution and a 200 grain rcbs 35-200 GC. I have tons of this powder for my 32 spec, 35 rem and it smells good.
    The road less traveled ain't for the faint of heart

Boolit Master
    I loaded up some LeveRevolution for my .30-30's the other day, using the NOE 311-165RF and 34, 34.5 and 35g of powder. That powder flows thru my Dillon 450 measure like butter. I can't wait to try these loads. Maybe today after church?!
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Shut I loaded the same in my 336 and fps didn't go up much. Larry tested same in his rifle and accuracy was BAD at full load. It works well with the FTX, 30/30 & 308MX. It is fun and good @ 20 gr under a 165-170 cast sans GC.
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shuz View Post
    I loaded up some LeveRevolution for my .30-30's the other day, using the NOE 311-165RF and 34, 34.5 and 35g of powder. That powder flows thru my Dillon 450 measure like butter. I can't wait to try these loads. Maybe today after church?!
    I've tried similar loads, my rifle didn't like them. Seems the 180 grn boolit is where the magic starts in the thutty-thutty with LVR powder.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    How on earth did you know I was just thinking to my self. Self" I really like my leveRevelution loads for 150gr jacketed bullets in my 30-30's. I wonder how it would work with cast bullets?"

I was popping on here to ask that very question. So whats at the top of the threads?

Thank you so much Larry!
    I really appreciate your efforts.
    This thread kept be occupied for at least an hour.

Boolit Mold
    Add me to the list of folks wondering about using LeverRevolution under cast boolits in a 30/30. I got excited when I saw two cans on the shelf at Sportsman's Warehouse and bought one. I'm don't care about high velocity, I just want to leave the range with as many fingers as I arrived with, and make some holes in paper.