MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: Dan wesson scope mount help

Banned

Dan wesson scope mount help

Question

Will the taurus ventrib mounts that use bars under and through the vent rib fit a 357 dan wesson model 15 VH?

I do not like the looks of the available clamp ons and d&t mounts for the DW, but I like the looks of the mounts taurus has out for the VRib models..alot.
    the vents look real similar, and I have high hopes...

I would appreciate any input

Michael

Boolit Master
    You might try this forum. It is one of greybeards, so ya might not mention where you're coming from:

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/smf...oard,83.0.html

Let me know if they will work.
    7br aka Mark B.

On the internet, I am 6ft tall, good looking and can dance.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 7br View Post
    You might try this forum. It is one of greybeards, so ya might not mention where you're coming from:

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/smf...oard,83.0.html

Let me know if they will work.
    Sometimes when the price for info is too high, a fella would rather not know.

thats all i got to say bout that...

I think I may just find an appropriate length of weaver rail, and permanently mount to my shroud and by another shroud for 8 inch launches, still unsure what the hellck i will do.

Boolit Master
    Try the Weaver 63B mount.

If you plan on taking he shroud on & off, make sure you get extra barrel nuts.

Have Fun Shooting,
    Jon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon K View Post
    Try the Weaver 63B mount.

If you plan on taking he shroud on & off, make sure you get extra barrel nuts.

Have Fun Shooting,
    Jon
    Its a small world after all, I had the same thought by plumb dumb luck.... ....I had a surplus 336 weaver mount, and she sized up right nice, I will land the holes in the meat of the rib supports and I should be all good...

I switch the gun from 4 to 8 inch all the time...I have spare barrel nuts just in case,but I have not seen any ill effects from it yet, but then again I do not try to make the shroud shorter when I tighten either...

thanks, glad to see someone else is on the same page as I

Michael

357, I don't know if I should mention this or not... I picked up a B Square mount off of Flea bay for my DW .445 SM. I really like the way it attaches with the part that clamps to the rib acting as the base for the rings. At first sight, it looks like it might not firm up very well, but it has positioning screws that take out all of the possibilities for shifting. In the past I haven't had any use for B Square, but I have to give this one the nod. Must admit that I haven't fired it enough to be sure it won't shift, but if it does it'll be the scope sliding in the rings. The rest is pretty sturdy.

I forgot to look at mine last night, but I am 90% sure it is a B-Square. It has worked fine for years.

Banned
    Leftiye, fourarmed

thanks for the words RE: the B-Square mount..I looked at them and did not think too much of it...maybe I should be a little more open minded, eh.

also for what it is worth....if you ever want a different color insert, you can have any color you wish..... I took a dollop of 2part clear epoxy and mixed it with a half dollop of PRO-TEC powder paint for jigheads....turns into a real nice plastic immitatior.... I just ripped the red zert from the sight blade with a pair of piars..took two pieces of heavy feeler gauge to construct the "mould" and filled her up...had to touch a little "overspray" gently with a needle file...but it looks like it belongs there..