WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Praise for the Post Office

Boolit Master

Praise for the Post Office

I know, I know, you have a horror story. Let me tell you mine.

I made a deal with a fellow member last Wednesday. 50lbs of ww ingots for a set of carbide pistol dies.

I mailed the ingots in a double boxed medium flat rate box and he used a small flat rate box.

I shipped mine on Thursday mid morning. He got it Saturday morning. He mailed his Saturday and I got it today, Monday. 5 days. Both packages in great shape upon arrival.

Get this. He lives east of Sacremento, Ca and I live just east of Raleigh, NC.

Wow.

I tell jokes and share candy with the ladies at the post office. I hide the cleaning ladies broom if she ain't watching. They leave me mail, packages, a slice of pie or cake or leaves in my po box. I don't know what the other fella does. Treat em right gentlemen.

Boolit Buddy

Smile Post Office

It's been many years now but; I called a company late one afternoon and asked them to send me a free VHS tape of one on their products. Company was in Washington State and I'm in Eastern North Carolina, almost at the coast. Believe it or not, the tape was in my mail the next day. Honist.

Boolit Master
    I could not agree more. They are our friends and neighbors
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Master
    And they make great chocolate pie.

Boolit Master
    chocolate pie?
    Thanx, Tim Kelley
    SFC US Army (Ret)
    NRA Life

Still have noclue!

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    Today I received a medium FR box of about 20 pounds from Virginia that was mailed saturday and a small flat rate box from Michigan that was mailed friday. I'm in North Central Montana, far off the beaten path, They are great people with great service in my area.

And what does the cleaning lady leave on your cake and pie when you're not looking?

Boolit Master

I got a MFR box from AK today that was shipped last Wed . . .
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I'm sure the postal carrier will have unkind wors for me when he has to deliver the two flat rate boxes of ingots I sent out today ..... The flat rate box is the best deal in town though.
    Ohio Rusty ><>
    "This is America !!, where many have fought and died for our right
    to celebrate our views with inflatable creatures in our yards ......."

Boolit Master
    When I was working in Kuwait I had my wife mail me something Priority Mail from Maryland (through the APO). Two days later, I had it in my hands! You can't beat that!

And then, there's the Priority Mail box of clothes I sent from Korea to my granddaughter in Maryland that took a month...
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master
    They give me the raised eyebrow when I come in to ship handguns, but they sure beat the hell out of having to drive 30 minutes to an hour to the nearest UPS or Fedex facility where they charge three times the amount for slower shipping! Flat rate boxes are the best thing to ever happen to my business, haha.
    Who keeps not his arms in times of peace, Will have no arms in times of war.
    -Gaelic Proverb

Yup, but you CAN beat the 60 day turnaround for a lost postal money order.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Master

I know the PO in times past had lousy service but recently, the last few years, I have been very pleased with the service and their rates. UPS and FedX are getting very expensive compared to PO flat rate boxes.

Ken

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    I have a young lady (I am 75) at my P O I call SMILIE. No matter what, Juanita always has a big even if it is 5:59 and there are still 10 more people in line. She will always make sure your package is on the next truck out. Gotta love that smile and service.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

I asked the nice post ldy the other day if they had a comment dept. She sighed and said "That would be me." I told her that I have been very impressed with their service lately. She was very happy to hear this. She said most all comments she gets are negative.

My delivery lady never balks at heavy packages. I told her she could call and I will get the or she could roll them out of her car beside the drive. She totes them the extra 20 yards to my door every time.

Almost every flat rate package has been delivered or received in two days of late!
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Bub
    My delivery fella can't be bothered to get out of his car. He has dropped packages in the puddle beside my mailbox more than once. Fortunately it was car parts and not computer parts, so no damage was done. It is now at the point that I just have him leave a notice and I go pick it up at the post office.

Can I borrow your delivery person to train mine?!?

Boolit Master

Yesterday, I sent my wife to the PO to mail a small flat rate box FULL of sierra match kings.
    It was taped up with clear tape, very clear. Guy at the counter tells her she cant send it because it has too much tape. I go in with a flaterate box taped about twice as thick, he gets agitated but wont tell me I cant ship it.

Boolit Master

It is good to put your positive report on the USPS generally we only make a complaint not a complement unless it is in person. 99% of my mail goes though fine but that other 1% is a major issue.
    Complaining to the post office is at best like peeing in a dark suit you get a warm feeling but nobody notices.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Buddy
    Ordered 2 older Gun Digests on Good Friday from a dealer in Texas. Received in rural Kentucky on Tuesday. Cost of shipping----- $4.21. The US Postal Service isn't perfect, but for the most part, they are hard to beat.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ilcop22 View Post
    They give me the raised eyebrow when I come in to ship handguns, but they sure beat the hell out of having to drive 30 minutes to an hour to the nearest UPS or Fedex facility where they charge three times the amount for slower shipping! Flat rate boxes are the best thing to ever happen to my business, haha.
    I'm just a dumb ol' retired pipefitter, so what I know about the law wouldn't fill a thimble. The statement made about shipping handguns through the Postal Service, however, raised MY eyebrows. The following is copied & pasted directly from the BATF site, question number 7.
    I also called the local post office and asked the PG. "No sir, we do not allow the shipping of handguns."
    I dunno, I'm just posting what I found and repeating what I was told.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]