MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: Lee pro 1000 review

Boolit Master

Smile Lee pro 1000 review

Well This is my latest venture in re-thinking LEE stuff.
    With Cowboy Ts advice I bought the lee pro 1000 in .45 LC .
    I didnt even hardly look at the instructions as I have seen cowboy Ts videos over and over, and have other progressives in Dillon and Hornady.
    set up was straight foward. I spent a wile running it dry (talking cases not oil)to get a feel for it. I then set all the dies and measure. I ran a lone test shell through and it poped out fine. So with gritted teeth I started it going progressive.

I kept the primer tray at least 1/3 full and did not have any issues with malfunctions.
    The only thing I had any trouble with is that the ejected loaded round does not slip down the shoot. But thats no biggie!
    I expected this thing to fall on its face and leave me with a bad case of bad language. But I dont have anything but good to say about it.
    As I have said before in other threads , If it works I will say so and if it doesnot I will say so.
    This press for me works well .
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

Banned

buck1

Buff the chute with polishing compound or 4x steel wool then keep it waxed and shiny.

Gary

Good deal, buck! Glad it's working out well, and also glad the vids are helping some folks.
    "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
    http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
    http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/ (podcast)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    .38 Spl, .357 Mag, .44 Spl/Mag, .45 Colt, and .22LR
    A true Liberal must by definition support the entire Constitution, and thus also the 2A, 100%. Any other position is inconsistent with liberalism.

Boolit Master
    Your videos are GREAT and a huge help I for one say THANK YOU Keep up the great work it is very much appreciated. As to the OP, they do work ya just need a little patience and understanding. Some times I think there is a lot of elitism in the tooling that is used and LOTS of opinions based on mindless chatter.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

gary's right , polishing and waxing the chute does help , i have one i got used and didnt do it to , seems almost second nature when i use that one as i put the boolit in to pick up the loaded round , IMHO it makes putting them in the box about easy , the load master for me works just as good tho it did need a few more tricks and a longer learning curve but once set up it really rocks too ( but as they say YMMV )
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the tips and T your vids are a great help!
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

I've split my loading process in two. First run the cases through the press with the sizer/decapper in station one and then seat the primer.
    I'm considering getting a separate decapper as occasionally it wont get a soft federal primer fully out and it then get re-seated by a primer.

Perhaps I will end up with a decapper in #1, sizer in #2 and a Lyman M-die in #3

Then I switch to a toolhead with the powder measure expander (with a custom plug) in #1, bullet seater in #2 and crimp in #3.

Makes beutiful cartridges and all of them perfect, as I can sort out the ones that didn't get a fresh primer before finishing them.
    It's a bit more work, but with the casefeeder I feel it is worth it.

3 stations go a long way if you turn them into 6.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Ugluk; 03-20-2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Banned

Ugluk:

The case feeder does redeem the Pro 1000. The tubes of the case feeder can get gunked up. I have a spiral plastic brush and use soapy water to clean out case lube crud from the tubes. Every several thousand rounds that is necessary. Then shake a little mica dust in them and they are better than new.

Clean and brush with mica the area where the case heads rub as they come out of the tube and less of them will tip over.

Gary

Thanks Gary, good tip.