RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: NEW! MiHec H&G #503 Cramer Style Hollow Point

Boolit Grand Master

Shawn;
    Edubya is correct.
    Look at the picture of the mould on this thread:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=75615

You'll see that the blue is missing on the ends of several of the pins. That is the ONLY place you need to work on. Go slow and do NOT remove ANYTHING from the shafts - just the ends where the wrench flats are.

>>>I want to take it to church tonight and show it off! <<<

AMEN!

Dale53

Boolit Master
    Both of mine just arrived although two days apart (even though Miha mailed them on the same day).

VERY nice !

I had hoped to get a set of blank pins so I could grind my own shallow cup HP but no show. Perhaps just not available from his supplier !
    I will just modify one of the pentagonal pins.

I will try them out this weekend.

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Master

Thanks Dale, the 600 worked fine!

But why did you have to lead me to the 45 . . . ?
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Grand Master

123.DieselBenz;
    Heh!Heh!Heh!
    There is a method to my madness!

Dale53

Boolit Master

I don't need a .45SAA mould! Stop it!! This is torture!!!
    EW

Boolit Grand Master

Edubya;
    Yeah, you do...

Dale53

Boolit Master

EW,

You know Dale is just trying to break the 100 mold mark . . . this one will do it, why not join in the fun, if you don't have a 45 (I don't . . . yet!) just go ahead and buy one of those too!

He's already got me . . . I waited till on the way home from church to break the "news" that I was adding another mold to our family, she is a good wife!

The guys at church were very impressed with my mold . . . even though they are not caster, yet!
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I kept trying ti ignore the .45 mould but I got nervous, then panic set in and I am on the list.
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

My mold arrived today safe and sound. Nobody exaggerated the quality! The nicest Mihec mold I have so far!! To the barn we go!!!
    Jay

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Master
    Found mine at home yesterday when I got home from work. It is sure a nice mold.

I couldn't wait to try it so I soaked the mold in some boiling hot water with a bit of dish soap. Srubbed the cavities with qtips after removing.

I chucked a couple of lbs of lead (WW) into the pot and tried casting about 20 boolits. The lead was at about 750F, but I got lots of wrinkled boolits. Some looked pretty good though, but still had some 'layering' (poor fill).

My quick test didn't do the mold any justice, but I'll fiinsh cleaning with a little brake cleaner, alloy some lead with a bit of tin, and let the mold get warmer next time.

This was my first experience with hollow points, and this mold sure makes it painless.

Can't wait to get some loaded and try em out.

Boolit Master

Heat that sucker up. Those wrinkles should clear out.
    EW

I took mine for a spin last night. I didnt clean it at all. I preheated it till it quit smoking and went to casting. I have done this with alum molds with no problem. It took quit a few loads to get it to drop well. I wanted it to oxidise and break in anyhow and get a rhythm down. I ended up finding out my Lyman 20 needed to be run full tilt and cast pretty fast for all to go well. The 5 sided pins were grabby unless I kept mould very hot. Man are they pretty!! I had a hard time stopping to go to bed! Boolits are running .433-.4335. I forget what they weighed already.
    Jay

Thomas Paine

Boolit Buddy
    G'Day All
    On my first casting session with this mold it took a lot of casts before it started to throw good boolits. But two days ago I put in both the small and large pins to see how they looked, I only cast eight boolits and then they all came out good. Had a Lee mold once that seemed to need running in and MiHec's seems the same. His molds are that good I'm going to buy some for guns I don't own yet.
    Juddy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramslammer View Post
    His molds are that good I'm going to buy some for guns I don't own yet.
    Juddy
    I am glad I am not the only one. I was at a gun store today and I started looking at guns that go with the mold I just ordered.

That is how you do it, isn't it? You see a group buy for a mold and then you get in the group buy for the mold, and then you buy the gun because you have a mold and no gun to shoot it in?
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Boolit Man
    I got my mold yesterday. I haven't had time to try it yet but it sure is a nice setup.

Wow! I cast some with the large standard pins in place. Run pot wide open again and boolits flew effortlessly from this mold. _I lubed some and loaded over 22.5 gr wc820 and shot through SBH. No aging, barely cooled off and they shoot very well. Only problem is the burr on thr pin holders. I was looking for Sloveni cuss words! I prolly would not be happy if nothing pissed me off!
    Jay

Thomas Paine

Boolit Master

I assume that you did get around to weighing them. What did they cast at? Did you use alloy that you have cast with before? If so, do you know what BHN that they should be?
    EW

Boolit Buddy
    Here's a small pictoral essay on the Miha HG 503 .44 HP mold

I love this mold ! The cramer style HP pins are a blast to use ! And that pentagonal HP is just plain wicked looking !

Boolit Grand Master

We probably ought to put these lovely images and discussions to the Group Buy results folder as it'll probably keep the fellers happy that do the work on the Forum. They gave us a place for these discussions and I guess we really should use them.

No criticism intended.

Dale53

Boolit Buddy
    Dale, none taken, Buddy ! Didn't know where to put these pictures. Just so excited about these molds, I can't stand it !

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast