Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Fried Cauliflower

Boolit Master

Fried Cauliflower

I just made some fried cauliflower and it is really good!

Cut the cauliflower into pieces like small trees not little crumbs.
    Boil the pieces in a couple quarts of water and a little salt and with 2 capfuls of liquid crab boil preferably Zaterains for about 5 or ten minutes and rinse in cold water, let cool.
    Prepare an egg dredge, I use Walmart’s brand of Egg Beaters, not as greasy as whole eggs.
    I buy the quart a put it in ice cube trays and store them in the freezer in a zip lock bag.
    When I need them I put about 4 cubes in a thin walled plastic container that I will use to dredge what I am going to cook and float the container in some warm water to speed up defrosting.
    Dredge the califlower floweretts in the egg and cover with Italian style bread crumbs, Progresso is what I use.
    Deep fry around 375 degrees until golden brown and drain on paper towels!
    Enjoy!

Boolit Grand Master

Dads and my way were to feed all the cauliflower and broccoli we could to the steers then eat the steaks.

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    +++++++++++++++++1!

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    Dads and my way were to feed all the cauliflower and broccoli we could to the steers then eat the steaks.
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    YES!

NOTHING makes cauliflower edible LOL broccoli is okay in a stir fry with all the other flavors going on that mask it... or broccoli smothered in cheddar cheese sauce... any other way? Yech!

Boolit Master

Ha ha ! I grew up eating cauliflower and broccoli but I guess it I was introduced to it as an adult I might not like it too!

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    Oh, it was definitely my introduction as a child that confirms my belief the only way to eat collie flower, brokely and Lam's Quarter is to feed it through a beef critter and then grill said beef critter!
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Boolit Grand Master

eggplants fall into the same way. the one year Moms eggplants really produced, all the neighbors started locking there cars afraid of "donations"

I did some baked sliced cauliflower covered with Old Bay years ago. Thought it was good.

Boolit Master

I love cauliflower and broccoli... I also like Eggplant when it's cooked right... Not to mention Brussel Sprouts...

They make great compliments to the Ribeye steak - the best cut of steak in case you heathens weren't aware...
    JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

GOA and FPC have done more in the last decade than your NRA has done in it's entire existence... Support the ones that actually do something for you.

Moderator Emeritus

I break up cauliflower and coat it with seasoning salt, garlic powder, oregano, lemon and olive oil. Bake it at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Granddaughter's allergic to broccoli so we only eat it when we go out. Fried is good too, tempura batter and toss it in after the shrimp and fries.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze