MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Wasp Rice Shot Loads: .38/.45LC

Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    Copperheads and rattlers are my sworn enemies. There are no cottonmouths where I live or at least I have never heard of anyone seeing one around here. I consider the copperhead more dangerous than a rattler because he does not rattle to give warning and also, they seem to be more mean tempered than rattlers. Get within striking distance and they usually strike. It a purely defensive reaction but one than can mean a lot of trouble. I have a healthy respect for both and keep a sharp lookout when in the woods. Don't ever step over a log in the woods without first checking under it and on the other side, I know from experience they like to lay there. It is good ambush territory for them. james
    Yep, copperheads are responsible for most bites here because they won't move when you walk around them and people step on them and get bit. I was setting up for a party here and backed up and bumped my heel on one of my landscape timbers.

Looked down and a big copperhead was laying on the other side of it. Never moved. I got lucky. Went in the house and grabbed my .22 pistol and took his head off. Pretty big one as you know they don't get long, just fatter.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0815-1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	326312
    Dan Wesson 744V .44mag, S&W Mod 19-4 .357 , Stevens 200 .223

Boolit Master

I have always thought that copperheads have a vicious look to them. Like I said, the fight is on if I see one.

Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    I have always thought that copperheads have a vicious look to them. Like I said, the fight is on if I see one.
    Yep. My nurse wife came home from work today saying a patient came in to her urgent care clinic. Reached down into her flower bed and got nailed by one. Sent her the the ER.
    Dan Wesson 744V .44mag, S&W Mod 19-4 .357 , Stevens 200 .223