RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $100.00 Dollar Mold Mistake

Now this is what Customer Service is all about!!!!!! KUDOS

and on that note..My new Kieth mold should be here today...wooohooooo

Quote Originally Posted by SwedeNelson View Post
    sfcairborne

Send it back to me
    Will fix or replace it - the pins should not move.
    NOE Bullet Moulds
    1030 S 350 E
    Provo, UT 84606

Bullet maker, maker
    Swede Nelson

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by sfcairborne View Post
    I'm going to. But this is my mistake, not his. Just gonna see if she can be fixed, and if he can I think I'm going to see if he will machine out the gas check on the other one, to give me to FB. Just sucks
    An alignment pin that pushes into the blocks is not your mistake.

ETA: I should have read the whole thread before replying. I see now the mold maker is on top of it. Customer service as it should be.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Buddy
    I have an NOE 316299 that has cast a truck load of boolits it's rear alignment pin works it's way out when casting for a long time it's easy to push back in and lube it
    and it's good to go, has done no damage to the alignment hole I think in my case it is not lubing enough that has caused it.

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    Now this is what Customer Service is all about!!!!!! KUDOS

and on that note..My new Kieth mold should be here today...wooohooooo
    This service sure beats the service I received form a main competitor of NOE on this forum .Marvin

Boolit Buddy
    Swedes response is why I have 16 NOE moulds on my casting bench. I feel confidant that if a problem of any kind shows up that I can expect Swede to step forward with a fix for it. Thanks Swede for all you do for us bullet casters.

Boolit Buddy
    Gonna call Al and talk to him then send the mold into him.

I had one mold I got from NOE that one cavity would not release the bullet without undue effort. The other cavities released the bullets as soon as I opened the mold, but that one that stuck, the bullet would have to be physically removed. I contacted Swede and he had me return the mold to be fixed. Then when I got it back, it worked like it should. Must have had a burr that I couldn't see. There was no charge for the repair or shipping back to me. I wouldn't mind if Swede decided to make molds for Master Casters.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SwedeNelson View Post
    sfcairborne

Send it back to me
    NOE Bullet Moulds
    1030 S 350 E
    Provo, UT 84606

Bullet maker, maker
    Swede Nelson

This is exactly why the last dozen or so molds I've bought are from this man. I've spoken to him several times, and while extremely busy, has always made time for me and my questions.

Speaking of, I havent bought one in a while......time to go and check things out.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    That's what I'm saying.

And lookit the customer service from these folks! 'Must be why I got a whole shelf of stuff with their name on it.
    Indeed, this is why I was trying to see if their expander plug would work rather than ordering via lee . The customer service from these custom mold makers is pretty stellar for the product they are turning out.

Boolit Grand Master

Send it back to me
    NOE Bullet Moulds
    1030 S 350 E
    Provo, UT 84606

Bullet maker, maker
    Swede Nelson

Customer service like this is why I have more than a few NOE moulds and promote them every chance I get. Biggest problem I have is finding room for them. Problem is getting worse, he sent me another today.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    Mr gunnut, I have plenty of room on my bench for them if you need space .

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    Mr gunnut, I have plenty of room on my bench for them if you need space .
    Thanks for the generous offer! Forgot to mention another problem, sometimes I "find" a mould that I haven't gotten to cast with. Very aggravating.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

NOE is obviously very intent on customer satisfaction. I buy AL's moulds with total confidence.

Waiting on a new inventory buy to go active right now on a 360230 mould and i know it will be worth the wait.
    Break an NOE mould in and it rains perfect boolits...anything wrong and AL fixes it, what more can one ask?
    Last edited by 35 shooter; 06-13-2016 at 11:29 PM.

Boolit Master
    While Al has it have him drill for a thermometer. He sells them and it will let you drop better bullets from your mold. You can do it yourself,I have drilled all of mine. Really makes a difference when you know what temp that mold runs best at.
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Banned
    Knock on wood - never had that problem & have a bunch of Als molds. All work super! As you see; he will fix it!

Boolit Buddy
    NOE's expander plugs work GREAT!

Boolit Buddy
    Got the mold back from Al today. We just needed to push the alignment pin back in, cleaned up the surface and back to me.
    Awesome service. Now to do some casting. This little mold is going to eat through my stash of lead👍🏻

Boolit Grand Master

Don't forget to follow Al's break-in instructions. I scrub them with hot soapy water (twice) and heat-cycle the mould four times. One mould I had to start over with scrubbing and heat cycling after a couple of difficult casting sessions. Not sure what happened there but I'm almost sure it was operator error. Settled right down after that, can't even recall which one it was.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Don't forget to follow Al's break-in instructions. I scrub them with hot soapy water (twice) and heat-cycle the mould four times. One mould I had to start over with scrubbing and heat cycling after a couple of difficult casting sessions. Not sure what happened there but I'm almost sure it was operator error. Settled right down after that, can't even recall which one it was.
    Oh erm.....guilty here. I scrub em real good with soapy water but I then just pre-heat on the hotplate and start casting. Hasn't seemed to affect anything on my mp/noe molds I've purchased new. Guess I should re-read the instructions occasionally .

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    Oh erm.....guilty here. I scrub em real good with soapy water but I then just pre-heat on the hotplate and start casting. Hasn't seemed to affect anything on my mp/noe molds I've purchased new. Guess I should re-read the instructions occasionally .
    I've read the heat-cycling regimen helps oxidize the mould cavities. I don't understand how or why it works but I do know that once I started using a hot plate for heat-cycling aluminum mould break-in has gotten a lot easier.